"It's been stressful, and yes, I'm ready for a break." It's been hectic. My parents still haven't welcomed me back with open arms and I have no idea what I'm doing after I graduate. Things couldn't be worse.

"I was thinking before Jay goes back to Europe we could have a family trip." Kelly says excited looking at her husband.

"As nice as that would be." Jay says sarcastically, "I leave this week."

"Leave after, who knows the last time we will see you." Kelly says to her oldest son.

Jay's face turns red. He has never had the best relationship with his parents definitely with being the 'problem' child but I know Kelly is really trying to connect with him.

Mayor Andrew stays quiet. Him and Jay have always had a strained relationship with Daniel being the obvious favorite but I hope they can somehow mend their bond.

"We can see, as long as Alexandra and her family are okay with it." Hearing my full name from Jays mouth sounds so foreign. But I know it is just because we are in front of his parents.

"Well , I will just have to see, we are not on the best of terms right now." I say without admitting too much. Maybe when my parents find out I can get back into Stanford they will accept me again. Love really shouldn't be conditioned. As much as it hurts there is nothing I really can do about it.

"Wonder why." Daniel scoffs making my cheeks warm. Please don't do this in front of your parents.

"Daniel, excuse you." Mayor Andrew says sternly.

"It's fine really." I say quickly, Jay is staring at Daniel as well as the rest of the table.

"Whatever, sorry." Daniel says to me in the most unapologetic way. I don't blame him. He has to sit through this whole dinner with two people he hates right now. We betrayed him.

"Well then it is settled. We can go! I am so excited to plan this! Jay you can even invite that girl again, what was her name um, Rebecca?"  Kelly words make my blood run cold. Becca.

"I don't think that will be necessary." Jay says stuffing food into his mouth trying to avoid the situation. I look down at my food slowly eating.

Daniel does a small laugh. He is just eating this up.

"What? I though you liked that girl?" Kelly says wiping her face with a napkin.

I can see Jay tense across from me from the corner of my eye. Gosh , this is so weird.

I feel Daniel shift in his seat. He is getting frustrated.

"There is no point of starting anything when I am about to go back to Europe, don't want to give her the wrong idea." He says trying to come off casual.

"Is that so?" Daniel looks at Jay with sarcasm laced in his tone.

"When are you going to settle down and find a good girl Jacob." His father says. Oh no.

"I'm only 19, no rush." Jay says trying to stay calm. I feel I shouldn't had stayed at this dinner.

"Yeah well Daniel and Alexandra have been together for years , going to Stanford together and will be well off in the next few years. Your younger brother shouldn't be doing better than yo-

"Andrew!" Kelly shouts at him to stop talking.

"Me and Alexandra are no longer together Father you know this. "

"I'm not worried about getting married and running a passed down business. I'm living my life the way I choose and I'm not going to apologize for it." Jay says calmly. I'm actually proud of how calm he is staying. He usually would have went off by now.

Mayor Andre ignores his oldest son and directs his attention to Daniel , "yes I know that but come on, you two will eventually be back together once you both attend Stanford. Just like how your mom and I did." He smiles at Kelly. I try to fake smile but I don't know if it came off as believable.

"I don't know Dad. I think Alexandra would rather go to Europe with my brother." Daniel says abruptly and leaves without another word.

*****

Like, comment, and vote!!! Thank you all for the love and support. I really just do this for fun but it amazes me how many of you all wait for an update ! This one is longer than my most recent chapter so I'm glad to have been able to put the time in for you guys.

Love you guys so much!!! Have a great day.