"I think we both just liked the idea of one another." I say admitley. I knew it was true. We both wanted to build an empire and have a perfect family. We were just using each other for a means to an end.

" and it isnt just your fault, it is my fault as well for staying." say truthfully

I began to turn around and walk away but before I do I look over my shoulder to see him still standing there.

"And by the way, I haven't fucked your brother."

+++
The next day I go to Jay's apartment. I'm not going to anticipate him coming to me and for once I want to go to him. I want to get my purse and maybe have proper closure.

I knock on his door. At first no answer. So I began to knock again except this time harder. I need him to answer. If not I'm going to feel dumb for coming here.

When the door opens my eyes go wide at who it is.

His mom. Kelly.

"Oh. Hi Mrs. Woods." I saw awkwardly to Jay and Daniels Mother.

"Oh my goodness Alexandra! I didn't know Daniel invited you!" She exclaims happily opening the door and pulling me into the apartment.

"Oh He didn-" I began to say but she cuts me off.

"You know, I wasn't happy with Jay getting this apartment but to find out he's leaving so soon to Europe again is so heart wrenching. He finally agreed to a family dinner as long as it's here." She says pulling me into a hug.

My hearts beating so fast. I did not just interrupt a whole family dinner. And to make matters worse they must not know that Daniel and I aren't exactly on speaking terms because of the incident with Jay. They probably have no idea.

"Come! The lasagna is almost done." She smiles cheekily pulling me into the living room.

All eyes turn to me when I walk in.

Jay's eyes are wide with surprise and Daniel looks annoyed. This is great!

Mayor Andrew, their dad, is the first to get up. "Oh Alexandra, glad for you to come, wasn't expecting another guest but more the merrier!" He laughs pulling me into a big hug.

"Right." Daniel says getting up and heading to the dining room.

"Sorry about him, he's just hangry!" Kelly says going to the kitchen.

"We do have wine honey right?" Mayor Andrew says while joining his wife in the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" Jays approaches me with soft eyes. His dark his is combed nicely and his Face is clear of all marks. Thankfully.

"I was here to get my purse. Sorry to interrupt your family dinner." I say monotoned.

"It's fine, may be a little awkward though. The parents don't know Daniel and I aren't on good terms after what happened last week." He says scratching his head.

"It's fine I will leave after I get my purse." I tell him.

"No." He says suddenly looking into my eyes making my heart stop.

"I want you stay, I really want to talk after this dinner. Please stay." His eyes are pleading and there is no way in hell I could say no to him. Even if I wanted to.

+++

"So Alexandra, how's senior year been, I bet you are so ready for winter break. Daniel says this semester has been exhausting." Kelly says sipping her red wine. I'm playing around with my food making sure to take a few bites at a time to not come off as rude. Her food is amazing. I just feel sick because of how awkward this is. I can't believe they don't feel the tension. Daniel is next to me and Kelly and Mayor Andrew is across from us. Jay is next to his parents. It would be a little weird if I didn't sit next to Daniel. Although we are broken up they don't know anything about the events that occurred recently.