Chapter 7

(A/N) This chapter is gonna be a bit boring...

As soon as he saw the man, he and the other demons quickly bowed. That feeling was there again, fear. Genuine fear. He could feel sweat running down his face. Just the presence of this man was enough to make a chill go down his spine.

"Lower Moon Six, Kananue, was killed by Taro Shinotsu. It means Taro is stronger than Kananue, so he will be the replacement." Before he could even react, his left eye was gone, hollowed out by Muzan. Taro fell to the ground in pain as blood splattered out of the wound.

The next second, a needle ran into his neck and there was more pain. (Imagine Lower Moon One when he was given more of Muzan's blood) It was that same pain he felt two years ago. But he could feel it, he could feel Muzan's blood running through his veins. Then he could feel his eye regenerating after Muzan ripped it out.

Then everything stopped, the muscle spazzing, the pain in his eye, his gasping for air, everything came to a halt. He looked up at Muzan like he did when he first became a demon. "Welcome to the 12 Kizuki Taro, don't disappoint me." He was frozen with fear, cold from fear. "Everyone except Taro is dismissed." There was a sound of a biwa again and everyone there disappeared. "Taro."

The demon boy quickly collected himself and bowed again. "My lord."

"You are now a 12 kizuki. You may be the lowest rank, but I expect a lot from you, however, you must first prove yourself." Prove myself, but how? Didn't he prove himself enough by killing the now previous lower moon? "I gave you a lot of my blood, I expect you to be able to kill one of those troublesome Hashiras."

A hashira?! He expects me to be able to do what?! "I'm sure you're perfectly suited for it." Taro froze. Did he just read my mind? "You are now dismissed, eat all the humans you killed in that town and wait, a Hashira is bound to arrive." He stood up and bowed, then the sound of a biwa could be heard, two doors stood in front of him and opened. The demon walked through and he arrived where he was a few minutes ago.

Kill a Hashira huh? Then it hit him. Taro ran into a few of the houses looking for something reflective, in the fifth house, he could a blood-stained wall mirror. He quickly cleaned it off and looked into it. There in his left eye was the kanji for Lower Moon Six (下陸). He walked out and used buried treasure to pop out a few corpses and started to eat as he processed what just went down.

I'm Lower Moon Six. I'm part of the 12 Kizuki. He had the symbol engraved in his eye as proof. He ripped an arm off and ate it. He quickly gulped down the rest of the body before moving on to the next corpse. Right now I have to prove my worth by killing a Hashira. Taro was skeptical if his abilities were good enough. Then he remembered Muzan said that he gave him extra blood. He felt for his neck where he remembered getting stabbed by the needle.

He wondered just how much stronger he had gotten. Could he defeat a higher-ranking Kizuki? Could he really defeat a Hashira?

(A/N)

Okay, so I don't want to kill any of the Hashira yet~

So you know what that means~

New Character. Mini insert reader, so (Y/N) (L/N), the Grass Pillar 0-0, your female. Sorry for all these non-existent characters just added in *intense bowing*

~Demon Slayer HeadQuarters~

"(Y/n), there has been trouble up north with an entire town disappearing under the hands of one demon. We also know your Tsugoku, Rei Kaichi, Hanako Kaichi, and Kinta Kaichi were all killed by this demon. So I'm sending you in to investigate and slay this demon." Oyakata-sama explained. You stand up. "You can bring others if you feel the need to." The leader smiled at you before you bowed.

"I will slay this demon to bring justice for those who have been killed." You smile before exiting the room and closing the door. You look up at the sky, there was a beautiful sunset, the wind ruffled your long black hair that was in a ponytail, and your green Haori as you were saddened that this sunset just meant the blood bath would start.

"Hey (y/n)! Would you like to help me and Sanemi make ohagi?" You look over to see Mitsuri running over. You like Ohagi and making it, but you had to decline. You shook your head.

"I have a mission, sorry Mitsuri."

"Boo~" the girl looked as if she deflated. "When you come back, okay?" You nodded. The girl waved her hands goodbye with a farewell and you were off. Hinta, your crow followed giving you more details.

"Village up north, completely empty of residents, all killed by this demon. Demon is said to look like a middle teen with horns and red markings. Dark red Yukata with yellow accents."

~Time Skip~

After about an hour of running, taking quick breaks, defeating a few attacking demons, and then running again, you were coming up to a small village. You could already smell the horrific smell of blood.

You pushed forwards as the scent of blood started to reveal the scent of the demon you were after. You took out your blade and now was ready. You arrived at the entrance and cautiously walked in.

You looked around, disgusted by the scenes. Blood painted everywhere and right in the center under the moonlight was the demon, he was sitting over a body and eating. You almost vomited. The demon flinched at your presence and turned around, then you saw it, his left eye, 'Lower Moon Six'. You took your stance and readied for the fight ahead. "Your dead demon."