Shame

"I know that times have been dire my friends. Our city, our minds have suffered much from isolation, self-doubt and other negative influences. From an economic point of view, it will also take time. But we will rebuild whatever we lost in those trying times." The mayor finished his speech and most of the population of the city started clapping.

"That was nice finish to the quarantine..."Angel thought to herself and released a content sigh, then she looked at the mayor again as he was walking down from the podium.

The mayor looked formal, handsome and representative. He had a black suit with a maroon shirt and black tie. His short dense jet black hair cared for very well with little greyish spots, not even the wind could knock it off its gelled state. His stuble also looked good enough for such events. When he was gesturing, there were moments where the lines of his massive tattoo, which ended on his wrist could be barely seen, but perceptive people could see it.

But there was something in the way he looked. Something in his eyes. A weariness, a heaviness, that apparently only she noticed. Also once he was out of eyesight, he slouched for a few seconds, then roughly caressed his face and straightened up. Thinking on her feet, she impulsively ran towards him and said.

"Mr. Mayor!" She shouted at him to slow his quick tempo.

"Yes? Is there anything I can do for you?" He said calmly at first, but then put a charismatic end to it. And yet as he finished asking, he gulped.

Angela was dressed in a nice black blouse, buttons lightly opened to have a little cleavage and a tight faux leather skirt. Hair black as raven's feathers and eyes piercing violet. Full lips with plenty of desires and many other details that accentuated her features to shine elegance and appear mysterious.

„I wanted to ask you sir, if a someone of your stature would care for a coffee with someone like me." She said in a convoluted, yet confident elegance.

"Oh... You know what. I would like that very much. Is... Is there..." He started having problems finishing up his sentence, trying to subtly not look directly at her beauty, yet unable to do so.

Angel, mildly entertained, asked innocently as she noticed. "I see you like my outfit sir. Should I bring it to our meeting then?"

"Yes! No... I mean, bring whatever you feel comfortable in, of course. Where and when... Should we meet?" The mayor asked, trying to keep his composure.

Angel couldn't resist but to smile with a pleased face. "At Jim's cafe at 3pm. How does that sound?"

"Perfect! I'll meet you there... Yes?" Still completely caught off-guard, unable to keep control for once.

"Of course, sir." She said and started walking away, her heels clapping.

The mayor uncomfortably stretched his neck and bit his lip. Then said to himself. "What the fuck just happened.." And while scratching his beard, he also started walking away.

Few hours passed and the Mayor arrived at the cafe five minutes earlier. Wearing a black cardigan and maroon t-shirt underlining his mildly muscular chest. He also had a black cargo jogging pants. Very casual, trying to take this easily and comfortably as he could ascertain deep down, that she enjoyed his nervousness, but wouldn't give himself the certainty that this was the case.

He looked around and doubt came to his mind as he asked himself. "What have you gotten yourself into this time Samuel..." He took a deep breath and was ready to give his usual confident, collected and controlling self. Sam looked at the tables outside and saw her look intently at him for a moment and then gently gesturing for him to there. He obliged and eloquently sat down.