Chapter 2: Orphanage

Izuku was too smart for his age and for his own good. He liked to analyze heroes and their quirks, as of now he had 6 journals about it, since he liked to read a lot of books he was able to make great analyzation that was accurate. He knew how to read the mood of the room and things like that as well. He always got picked on by everyone in his school especially Katsuki Bakugou. He got good at doing household chores because if he did something wrong his mother wouldn't give him food or just hit him. He also learned how to be stealthy so that he would be able to sometimes at least avoid getting caught by his bullies. Even after all the bullying, even after being ignored by his own mother he would still smile at the end of the day, he would still carry a smile while going to school, no matter how hard things got he still kept smiling, stayed positive and be cheerful. Even before he was announce quirkless he was also cheerful, his smiles would brighten anyones day. People would also bully other who had weak quirks but Izuku would stand up for them but they were ungrateful but Izuku didn't mind, he just wanted to help. At the age of six he got the nickname deku given by katsuki which is an abbreviation of the word Dekunobou whose meaning is "good for nothing" or in the exact words of katsuki "someone who can't do anything".

Katsuki's POV

It's deku's birthday, and since it his special day I'll give him an extra beating today, I can't wait to see his face. I hope that smile of his goes away forever its so irritating, why is he always smiling? I hate him, I really really hate him!

The next day

Izuku's POV

It's been 4 years since I've been announced quirkless, I just turned 8 yesterday and as a gift from kacchan and his friends they gave me an extra beating, I ended up with a burn mark on my back in the shape of kacchan's hand and I got the word 'quirkless' tattooed on my back by my other bullies using a shard of glass they found, good thing it wasn't to deep but I still can't believe how cruel people could be. Kacchan always picks on me because I'm quirkless and yet I still dream to become a hero but what's wrong with that dream? I won't give up hope, I'll try to keep smiling. When I went out of my room my mom hugged me for some reason. She didn't ignore me, why? Is there something special today? " Izuku get ready, we're going somewhere"  I really thought something was going great for once but as soon as she said that I knew she didn't really mean it. I could hear the bored tone no matter how hard she tried to hide it but I can still try and hope that one day she'll love me again and we will become happy again, maybe dad might even come back.

3 hour time skip

We were in front of a building, it didn't look familiar but I had a bad feeling, when we got inside I was met by a bunch of kids of ages that ranged looking like 4-12 playing and some adults. My mom was signing something but I didn't know what. "I'm sorry Izuku, I really am" mom said while crying and hugging me, I knew she didn't really mean it and understood that she was abandoning me, but I ended up still crying, she was still my mom and I loved her and I still do. If I wasn't quirkless would my family still be together? Would  kacchan still be my friend? These were the only things I could think of. Mom  got up and left but before she left she gave a smile. It looked genuine and relived I think it was happy that she was finally able to abandon me, I knew this would happen but "MOM!" I tried to run over her but someone held me back.

No one's POV

After Izuku was left in the orphanage he was asked to introduce himself to the kids and care takers, izuku thought that it might not be that bad and smiled but the moment he said he was quirkless everyone stared at him looking disgusted like he wasn't even human, Izuku could see that they already didn't like him, no he knew they all hated him. Even when he saw their reaction he smiled, he had little tears in his eyes from crying earlier but he still tried to smile.

The life in the orphanage wasn't that different, the kids would still bully him and the caretakers acted like how his mom acted. He still went to the library and trained everyday but as the days passed by the bullying and neglect got worse, but in Izuku's heart there was still hope, a hope that one day he will get adopted even though no one wanted to adopt a quirkless kid like him, a hope that he could still become a hero, and a hope that one day life will get better.

————————— 

Hey guys!! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed, quote on top is not mine and neither is the drawing but I did make izuku the background of the quote pic, only that part is original. Enjoy the music down belo :))