chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

They entered the school and walked through the hallways, finding their way to the classroom real quick but unfortunately they needed to sit a few tables apart. Quickly, Karl pulled out a notepad and wrote some messy words down on it. He was very lucky that nobody caught him doing that and he was even more luckier that nobody caught him placing that crumpled up piece of paper down on Nick's table as he was walking to the back of the class to throw something into the bin.

It wasn't a crib, no, but for Sapnap it was even better.

Don't stress about this right now. I'll promise you we'll do something together later, think about that, 'kay?

Can't wait

<3

And he felt his heart swelling five sizes as he crumpled that piece of paper up in his hand and smiled at the brunet as he rested his chin on that hand.

---------------------

He grew impatient.

His fingers were reaching towards his phone every second to check if he had already answered. But of course he hadn't! Not just annoyance grew inside of him but also worry.

And it was the devouring worry that was making him reckless and with that, he stood up and grabbed his phone before he sprinted downstairs, outside and towards his mother's car.

I don't care, I'll come over now

He pressed his teeth together as he put the keys into the ignition. It was a dumb idea and he was being so childish but it was also eerie to go back inside and back into his head, to the thoughts which were lingering in there.

His pulse was pressing sporadically against the lining of his skull as he stepped down on the gas.

It was going good, he was driving alright and within minutes he found himself at a red light, not 2 minutes away from Sapnap's house. Euphoria was bumping through his veins as he finally realized what he was actually doing at that moment. The tires squeaked as he stepped onto the gas again after the light switched to green.

He slightly hit the bin of Sapnap's neighbor as he tried to park in front of their house. His head titled back to rest against the drivers seat and he inhaled deeply, his hands somewhat shaking on the steering wheel.

His body was drained with vigour as he stepped out into the sweltering air. The ecstasy was there before but now it was completely off, leaving a burned out feeling.

He narrowed his eyes and looked up at Sapnap's window, seeing the light in it bright on. It was strange, why wouldn't he answer him if he's awake. His eyes fell onto a small roof a few meters away from his window and he figured out that he could somehow get up there. It would be pretty difficult with a still tingling body but he tried all he could and pressed his teeth together as he pulled his whole body up onto the dirty roof. His hands were clinging onto the windowsill as he swung himself towards it. A squeak slipped through his lips as his hands got sweaty and he almost slipped.

Another squeak slipped through them as he pulled himself up more and steadied his balance on the windowsill, now clearly seeing the two people in the room in front of him. One was on the floor, the other one was walking through the room with a very mad look on his face. His knuckles were red and he had his hand still clinched into a fist before he stepped towards the other person - Sapnap and hit his jaw sharply.

Karl almost slipped again as he tried to muffle the shock noise with his right hand. He tried to muffle one quiet noise and caused another loud one.

The head of the man quickly shot towards the window and his expression grew even more mad while the brunet's heart dropped down into his stomach.

"Is that him?", the man screamed and walked to the window, opening it instantly and pulling Karl inside. "Is that the guy you're fucking?".

The taller boy landed harshly down on the floor and groaned slightly. His eyes were already searching green ones and he swiftly found them, found them looking back at him with such gleaming eyes and they were gleaming with so much emotions, Karl wondered how the boy in front of him handled them all at once.

His own father was standing in front of him, dry blood on his knuckles and a disgusted look that he tossed the only person he cared about. It was so unexpectedly and yet both of them did expect this situation to somehow happen at some point. But for Sapnap, he always thought that he might be able to protect him from it, from the hard punch of his father.

Karl groaned before he coughed a little bit, spitting some blood into his hand. A shocked and painful noise left the taller boy's mouth, causing the man to laugh.

"You really picked yourself a pussy, huh? Oh wait, no!", he laughed at his own joke and even though his whole face burned, the brunet found himself frowning at that crazy man.

"Don't you dare...", Sapnap slowly stood up and clenched his right hand into a fist, before releasing it again. His father's lips formed into another disgusting smile.

"Now you wanna protect your little boyfriend?", he mocked him.

Sapnap narrowed his eyes, ignoring the pain of his whole body before he punched his father so hard, harder than ever before. That hard impact had definitely caught that man off of guard, so the smaller boy quickly grabbed the brunet's hand and pulled him up. "Come on, Karl", he whispered. Karl only hummed in response, his legs tumbling after Sapnap's as he pulled him down the stairs. While the smaller boy's eyes were scanning the whole house for his mother, Karl's heartbeat was so loud in his ears but he still could figure out the footsteps coming downstairs.

"Sapnap, I-I think he's coming downstairs", his voice was shaking, just like his whole body.

It was horrible to see Sapnap somewhat calm about this all. It brought Karl to the conclusion that he clearly was used to this.

"Come on, little one", he pulled him so quickly towards the car, causing the brunet to almost trip.

The view was something out of a horror movie as Karl watched the man running out of the house and towards the car, such a crazy look on his face and the taller boy's heart was going rapid and for a second he thought that it'd be over. Then the motor started humming and Sapnap stepped hard on the gas, causing the tires to squeak again.

He felt his heartbeat everywhere, in his arms, in his legs, in his head.

The unshed tears finally fall and roll down his cheek, his jaw, intermingling with his blood.

--------------------

Thank you for reading chapter twenty eight! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy & ily <3

Remember, If you're in a situation like Sapnap in this story, there's always help you can reach out to!

Twitter for updates: Cyleedd