CHAPTER 21

Sabelian was the one who had entered the practice room. As always, he wore his customary poker face. I, on the other hand, had unconsciously donned a face of complete surprise. "Have you been well, Your Majesty? What made you come all the way over here...?"

"You called me here, did you not?"

"I did?" What? When the heck did I ever call you of all people over? Sabelian let out a small sigh of annoyance at my less-than-intelligent response. "The practice. You asked me to practice with you. Have you already forgotten?"

I was dumbfounded for a second. I thought...wasn't that a refusal you gave me back there? "But you said you didn't like dancing?"

"I don't. But I might as well try it now." What—in—the—world...? And he made this decision all by himself? Sabelian, is that really you?

"What are you looking at? Shall we begin?" Nope, no mistake here. That asshole way of speaking...that's classic Sabelian right there. Oh, Millard's right behind him, too. Now I see what's going on. He didn't come here to dance, he came to watch me. He was watching me when I was out walking as well...

Mm, it was a little annoying, but whatever. It's good to have Blanche and Sabelian be together.

"It's nothing, Your Majesty. Thank you for your time. Blanche wanted to see you as well." I glanced at Blanche. The girl greeted Sabelian with a very nervous expression, "W-Welcome, father..."

Sabelian showed no sign of emotion even in front of his daughter. Seriously, this guy... Is he actually a machine inside or something? During my inner tirade, Millard had walked up to stand in front of Blanche. He got down to eye level to greet her with a smile, "Have you been well, princess? It's good to see you looking so healthy."

"Ah, hello, Sir Millard." Blanche grinned happily. Millard, too, surprisingly responded back with a huge grin. Dang, that expression really doesn't suit him.

That guy always frowns like he's about to kill someone, but now he looks as happy as a dog with a bone. Blanche didn't seem scared of him either. Hmm... Could it be, Millard is a...?

"Aren't Blanche's clothes very pretty today, Sir Millard?"

"Yes. Her blue clothes suit her blue eyes perfectly and the little ribbons on it accentuate her loveliness greatly. Of course, she's lovely without any of these things as is." Millard spoke with beaming pride. This guy...This guy... He's one of us!!! I felt my friendship affinity towards Millard jingle up at an alarming rate. Millard smiled as he kept talking to Blanche, "His Majesty came out to practice dancing with the queen today. Would you like to be my partner while the two of them dance together?"

"Uhm, well..." Blanche looked at me with conflicted eyes, before running over to hide right behind me, "I-I'd like to dance with her..."

Ah...I think I just saw an angel. Is he finally here to send me off to heaven?

Oh my gosh, my heart is throbbing with pain because of how cute this girl is. Thank you Jesus, thank you Buddha, I'll be a good human from now on, I promise.

"I see. Dancing with the queen..." Millard was still smiling, but the air about him had changed completely. He fixed me with a glare that promised death. The man really has a talent for insulting people with his eyes alone. It almost looked as if they were shouting 'You dare dance with the princess?' at me. I stared back narrowly with the most venomous gaze I could muster. Hmph, you jealous? You're jealous, aren't you? You're to~tally jealous, hah! Why don't you dance with Sabelian if you want a partner so badly?