33. Explanation For The End

Newt POV

I quickly explained everything to (Y/N), about the girls dream, her memory of the person in the mask and how she had said they told her WICKED was good.

(Y/N) nodded along, listening intently,

When I was finished there was a silence and then she said-

"So... you're saying someone from WICKED is still out there. Alive and trying to supposedly being WICKED back?"

She asked and I sighed,

"I know it sounds crazy-"

"Newt, you all thought I died and here I am. At this point anything possible."

I smiled a little at that,

"True... so... what are we going to do now?"

She looked across the camp, everyone cheering and eating food, some drinking and singing songs or telling spooky stories.

I left Jane with Thomas and she seemed to take a real liking to him, he even let her brush his hair without arguing.

I think he had a soft spot for her.

"We can save Jane with Thomas's blood when we go back to paradise-"

She said and I looked at her with wide eyes,

"You're... coming home?"

She looked at me, slightly offended.

"Um. Duh? I thought that was a given?"

She said crossing her arms, I laughed.

"No no! Of course it is! I just... I didnt know how you would leave all... this-"

I gestured to the camp,

"Behind..."

She sighed

"As much as I love this place... it's not my home. Not my people."

She looked at me, cupping my face in her hands,

"You and our friends are where I belong, and this fight will soon be over... they'll understand."

I nodded and she gave me a lingering kiss, my eyes fluttering shut and my arms wrapping around her waist.

She pulled away and leaned her forehead against mine.

"Come on, let's go check in with the scouts, maybe they've seen something?"

I nodded and she patted my chest before stepping back with a smile and leading me through the fray of soldiers.

One of the scouts approached first,

"Ma'am, we've found a camp not far from the WICKED compound. We believe whoever we're looking for could be there-"

She said, and (Y/N) nodded.

"Right. I want co-ordinates and a map drawn on my desk by dawn. Have your soldiers check in with the others and make sure all injured see Maggie and Kyle."

The scout nodded and gave us a wave before walking off.

"So we heading out tomorrow?"

I ask and she nods,

"We have to if we want to get to the bottom of this."

She looks over at Thomas and Jane and I follow her gaze.

The two are laughing at Thomas's attempt at a flower crown,

There werent many flowers but there were a few daisies.