30. You're Here

Newt POV

Jorge took one of the smaller ships we had acquired and it took a couple DAYS to get back to the main land...

Turns out, Harriet is really sea sick and when we got back to our old camp she basically threw herself off the boat.

"Heh, alright everyone. If we're hoping to get to the city soon we should-"

Jorge was interrupted by the sound of cars speeding around and everyone, including Harriet who still looked green, scrambled for somewhere to hide.

"I told you we shouldnt have gone back-"

"Shut up! I realise it was a risk but we got everyone out didnt we?!"

Two people, a woman and a man, were arguing.

"Are you kidding me!? You almost got killed!"

"Say one more thing and I'll make sure you get killed."

The girl growled as more cars and trucks pulled up.

I was crouched beside Tommy and Minho.

"Who are these guys?"

Thomas whispered as we starred at them,

"No idea..."

Minho whispered back as we continued to watch.

"Hang on-"

The woman raised a hand to stop the man from resorting just as a black truck pulled up and a squad of people in proper gear jumped out, all with guns and masks.

"Reminds me of Gally"

Minho snickered and Tommy and I hushed him.

Someone climbed out the back of the truck, last.

They had a hood on, plus a mask and heavy gear with a sniper.

The two that had been arguing approached them,

"Boss, did we get everyone."

The person nodded, speaking quietly to the two.

Tommy, Minho and I tried to lean a little more to hear but-

"GET. OFF. ME-"

That was Harriet,

The three of us spun around to see some of the people in black ,who were obviously apart of this group, pull Harriet, Sonya, Aris, Jorge, Brenda and Fry out in the open.

They noticed us to and Minho picked up a brick and hurled it at one of the people,

But it didnt stop the other two.

Thomas scrambled for his gun but was too slow and one of the women grabbed him, twisting his arms behind his back and next thing we knew, Minho and I were in the same position, getting dragged to the middle.

All the people were now gathered around, looking on in either confusion, interest or annoyance.

Or they had masks on.

The two people that had been arguing came to the front,

The woman had striking red hair with bright green eyes, and tanned skin.

The man had dark skin with shaved black hair and one of his eyes was white while the other was a deep brown.

"Who... are you?"

The girl asked,

No one responded.

"I'll ask again."