I will literally pummel any villagers I see showing blatant favoritism to Haruki. And that's a promise.

I also nearly exposed the fact that Sasuke had indeed ruined me and my body last night; effectively traumatizing the twelve year old. Luckily, I managed to play it off and protect her innocence, but god my subtle limp made it a little too obvious.

She's innocent though, innocent enough to actually believe I'm this way because of a stupid fight.

I wish this were the only reason I could call my morning chaotic, but it wasn't even the worst part!

Sasuke really coaxed me into bed again and then waited until after sex to tell me that he nearly murdered our daughter, and I'm considered the menace between the two of us?!

God, I should've thrown that kunai at him when I had the chance, but Daisuke was right next to him and he just got away from having overpowered scary eyes, I wasn't about to give him a certain red pair!

Sasuke really deserves a kunai to the face though.

Knowing this however, I couldn't help but perch myself on his lap for breakfast as well; knowing that he's leaving soon and I'll have to get used to not being by his side all over again.

It was a bit selfish, I shamelessly hogged up his attention by running my hands through his hair and cuddling up to him while I should've been avenging Runa's near death experience, but dammit It's hard!!

I'll have to get my revenge another time.

It wasn't long before the kids all headed upstairs again, trickling off one after another as they'd put their plates in the sink and quickly washed them just as I've always taught them to, retreating to their rooms right after.

Haruki and Daisuke both had big smiles on their faces as they went to get ready for their day, probably the happiest duo out of the bunch. The others—

Runa was shitting bricks, I could tell from a mile away. All from the prospect of training one on one with Masahiko, she was terribly nervous. Masahiko on the other hand looked as neutral as he walked off to his room. However, I managed to catch the way his sharp eyes curiously lingered on Runa, interesting.

Lastly, my first born. The apple of my eye, my beautiful perfect baby Katsuro—

He looked ready to fling Haruki across the room even as he stood up to go and get ready.

It was honestly a little concerning, and I was seriously considering joining him and Haruki on their trip to get groceries to ensure that he'd be on his best behavior. However, there's no way I'd miss out spying on Hiko and Runa, this was a golden opportunity!

Sacrifices have to be made.

And Katsuro isn't even that bad, right?

Between loving up on Sasuke to attempting to murder him, from Masahiko never speaking two words to offering Runa a training session, to Katsuro actively ignoring his sisters to actually acknowledging Haruki's existence: today's been more than enough insanity to last me another seven years!

Daisuke has been a complete angel through and through though, as expected from my tiniest baby. He seems a bit more energetic than usual, already looking brighter and healthier with his big blue eyes; but he's still the reserved sweetheart he's always been.

So here I am now, still glued to Sasuke's lap even after breakfast ended as we both awaited the kids' arrivals.

No words were interchanged between us as I mindlessly toyed with the ends of his dark hair. With my face nestled into the crook of his neck, practically clinging onto him like a koala, he displayed his warmth towards me a bit differently.