18

"Killua!"

"Killua!"

God fucking dammit, I just had to screw  things up, didn't I?

I didn't dare to stop Killua as he continued to run. He needs some time to process this situation. But I still don't understand what the big deal is. He watches me because he cares about me, right? So why doesn't he just admit that?

Aunt Mito arrives home with grocery bags in hand, but with seeing Killua running away from the house, she rushed over to me immediately.

"Gon! Are you ok?! What happened?!"

"I'm fine. I just had a fight with him that's all."

"Oh no, what happened? Is it about what happened at school?"

"You got the phone call, didn't you?"

"Yes, but I would like to know what really happened. Let's go inside."

Aunt Mito and I get the grocery's from inside the car and put them away, before sitting on the living room couches.  She sat on the brown recliner across from where the dark brown couches I was sitting on.

"So tell me, what exactly did happen at the school and tell me what happened now."

After explaining everything to Aunt Mito, she only felt more concerned.

"Gon, when you confronted Killua, you were actually going to tell him about Ging, were you?"

"Aunt Mito-"

"Gon, you have been holding to that grudge for years."

"How can I let it go?! Ging sold me and my mom to get raped, because he didn't know how to get an actual job to help support us. Then how about he just disappears , because he doesn't have the freaking guts to look me in the eyes and say that he screwed up as a father! He ruined my entire life, because he doesn't know how to face his problems!"

My vision became blurry, and I started to shake vigorously. Before I knew it, I felt the tears come in. Aunt Mito rushed to hug me, stroking my spiky hair gently.

"Aunt Mito, I'm sorry for how I have been treating you, and now..."I sniffled lightly. "I'm treating Killua the same way. I don't know why...why do I always lose the things that I love?"

"Gon."

Aunt Mito let me cry for a while, soothing and the gentleness exuding comfort. I calmed down looking back at Aunt Mito with red eyes and mucus running down my nose.

"Gon, it's ok. Killua will come back to talk to you, or maybe I can help you tell Killua what you are feeling," Aunt Mito suggested.

"I want to tell him directly. No bearing around the bush on this one. So when should we tell him?"

"Let him talk to you first then invite him over."

"I hope that we can talk soon. I don't want to be apart from him anymore."

Aunt Mito sighs," Go do your homework. Dinner will be ready soon."

I start to walk upstairs but I turn to face Aunt Mito again," Hey Aunt Mito, thanks alot. I feel bad for the way I've been treating you. I'm sorry."

"Oh Gon, you're going to need more than just an apology in order to fix things."

"I know," I know I can't wish for our relationship to be fixed.

"But I appreciate it. Now hurry up and do homework. I have to start dinner."

"Ok."

I grinned, knowing that my relationship with Aunt Mito will get better. I know I've done terrible things. The least I can do is listen and hope everything will turn out for the best.