Ch-11: The war of the dark ages

Start from the beginning

The fading darkness in that way was a sanctuary, a place to recharge and forget the bad memories. It wasn't that I couldn't or wouldn't, but rather that I needed that sense of stepping out of the craziness for a while.

"Well..." he pretended to cough on his clenched fist and started making weird faces, which told me that he was trying to make some statements that were either lies or being made up right then.

"...things like...werewolves, banshees, chimeras? I guess?" I could see his frustration go up, as he looked at me thinking that I would find this stuff unbelievable.

"Yeah I know of them," I said, without any expression on my face. I was starting to get annoyed of him, wasting my time.

"You do?... Okay...is that why you're here for Lydia? What do you want from her?... I am having a tonne of questions in my mind actually....but what did you do back then? How did those crows come inside this house? and how were you controlling my movements?" He scratched the back of his head, as usual. He always does that when he's embarrassed.

I felt my pulses go up at that moment, as his way of talking slowly was getting on my nerves. "Dunbar...as you're already aware that you messed up something of mine..." He tilted his head down feeling a little ashamed. I continued "...and you still are trying to bring out information from me about you messing my things...so how about you stay quiet and let me do the talking? Sound good to you?"

"Yeah..yeah..that's a yes Ma'am from me." he chuckled nervously.

"Good. Very good." It was already way past 2 a.m and just a few hours before the sun would come up and things wouldn't go as I planned.

"Basically....let's start with me...I am a mage."

"You're a...what?"

"It's called Mage...M...A....G...E... Mages wield eldritch power and use it to impose their will upon the world. Because we devote our entire lives to the study and practice of magic, we do not have the time to train in the use of weapons and armor. However, though I may not know a sword's pommel from its point, my scrolls contain incantations more deadly than any blade. It can shatter bones with blasts of arcane energy, bend enemies to my will, walk in the spaces between worlds, kill with a whisper, and even.... halt the very flow of time."

"Wow...", Liam's mouth was wide open. "that's definitely more interesting than our history project.."

"yeah..I mean no..because it was all cool until you stepped into my doorstep...so coming back to where I was...The crows that you saw were under my spell, though they were there for a short time, I guess it was worth it because I brought too many of 'em considering I didn't know what my enemy's powers were...The snakes were from under the ground of this house... they get a lot of free rats..so I guess that's no surprise for you?"

"Yeah...sure..sounds...logical", Liam replied in a girly-girl voice.

"I knew you were a something but not just a normal human when I sensed this energy of rage, anger, and primal instincts coming from your body. and yes...I do know about human shapeshifters and in your case...a beta werewolf"

"Okay...I think I kinda get it now.."

"But I don't.."

"what?"

"Why wasn't she in high school?

"Who wasn't in high school?" he asked.

"Lydia? I saw on my visions that she was a part of this high school and the probability that my visions are wrong is almost zero.."

"If you're talking about Lydia...She's long graduated from this high school..."

"Graduated?.... what does that mean?"