Sadness isn't allowed.

I sighed slumping to the floor. Tom and Alison were dragging me around this cursed studio again. Honestly I'm not sure who I hate most right now. Them or the Ink Demon. Tom let out a gruff woof forcing me to my feet signalling me to move on.

It's a tie. I decided getting to my feet.

Shuffling behind the two we made our way to the lost ones domain. Alison smiled. "Look at all the supplies Henry!" She hefted an axe over her shoulder as if posing for a magazine. "We'll definitely be able to kill that beast with these!"

Lost ones gathered around us but thankfully didn't attack. They just observed us with curious eyes.

I tried to suppress a laugh. We must look pretty ridiculous with their stuff. Their stuff. It suddenly occurred to me what we were doing.

"Hey..Alison..are we stealing?" She looked over at me, her lips a thin line. "No these people couldn't use an axe if they knew how. Besides, isn't our survival more important than there's?"

The 'no angels' sign hung over me giving me a fresh stab of guilt. Who was the real monster here? A painfully annoying voice broke my thoughts. "Well, well, well, who've we got here?"

Malice grinned down at me from a balcony above. Her face was a bit more distorted than usual with a faint line where she got stabbed but other than that she was her same old self.

"My date, hanging out with the scum of the studio? Pitiful." The lost ones shrunk back at the sound of the fallen angels voice. Tom growled. Alison put her hands up as if caught.

"Always taking what isn't yours I see Pendell." She backed up. "I don't want any trouble Alice. We were just running low on supplies."

Alice hummed. "And you won't get any if you give me what I want." I narrowed my eyes, tightening my grip on the axe. "Don't trust her. She doesn't plan on keeping that promise."

"Hush." Alison looked pained now. "What is it that you want?" The angel walked down the steps getting dangerously close. Her flowery perfume stung my nose. "Him."

She pointed straight at me but I stayed calm. Alison would never sell me out. Tom maybe, but Alison- "Fine." Alison would. The angel grinned at my betrayed expression. "Good choice. Now tie him up we wouldn't want my cargo getting away now would we?"

"Henry, I'm really sorry about this." Alison mumbled, tightening the ropes around my wrists. I was too mad to answer. "We'll find a way to get you out of this. I promise." I just glared at her. At this point I would rather be killed by the Ink Demon himself then stuck with them.

"I wouldn't count on it." I snapped. Alice grabbed my wrist dragging me away. "If you'll excuse us we have a date."

.....

I watched Malice drag Henry back to her domain. Honestly that traitor was a complete fool. Somebody leaves ya for dead, they'll do it again. My grin dropped as she started to flirt with him. She was such a creep sometimes. And from the look on Henry's face he felt the same way.

"Never mind." Alice groaned, clearly upset Henry didn't react poorly. "Just get me some gears for me arrened boy. And don' t make me wait."

Henry grumbled something that sounded like 'Wow. No thank you?' as Malice started sawing a butcher gang member apart.

That was the only good thing about him. Always sassing when upset, no matter who you were.

I watched from the walls with curiosity my tail whipping back and forth. Henry was so weird sometimes and this was looking like one of those times.

Instead of using the elevator like a sane person would he marched right over to the door that led to the stairs and opened it.

My smile creeped even wider when he did this. The loops really were making him insane.

He started up the stairs, but as he took his first step his foot got stuck under a wooden stair.

I could kill Henry. And I want to. But not right now when Henry's actually interesting, so I shift the ink and his foot is freed.

Henry seems slightly pleased at this but the intercom clicks on and he's frowning again. "May I ask why you are using the stairs when I have provided an elevator?" Henry glares at the speaker. "Because I don't want to catch it."

I unconsciously cock my head to the side. What is Henry talking about? The stupid angel seems just as surprised.

"Catch what?" Henry mocks surprise. "Ugliness of course. It's contagious you know."

"......." Alice's brain seems to be having trouble catching up, and when it does she says. "You really have a death wish don't you?"

Henry laughs running the final length of stairs. "If that'd save me from looking at you yes."

I muffled a laugh as the angel screeched at him about manners and how if she didn't need him he'd be dead. Henry really did bring out the worst in people.

"Just get the gears." And the intercom clicked off.

Henry's amazing blue gray eyes suddenly got shiny as he sat down on the stairs, catching me off guard. "Why.." He mumbled, his head in his hands.

"Why can't I just go Home?" I blinked. Where had the other Henry gone? Why was he suddenly deciding to cry? "WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?" He yelled slamming his hand into the wall. 

"Why.." Nope. I step out of the wall. I don't know why Henry can't sad, but I know it has to stop right now.

I grab Henry tightly so he can't get away. He looks terrified but I don't stop. I hold him against my chest and nuzzle his face. "STOP. BEING. SAD." I growl.

I know he's probably too terrified to understand or care what I'm saying, but I'm going to say it anyway.

After a while of force affection, Henry calms down.

He still seems a bit sad but I'm not going crazy over it anymore so, I guess I can let it go. "C'mon, lets go find those gears."