04. LOVERS

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

BAKUGO KATSUKI AND AIMOTO (Y/N) WERE DATING. The constantly angry Bakugo was dating the calm and rational Aimoto. Nobody thought it would happen, not even themselves. But the years passed and they stayed at each other's side. They never seemed to fight and if they did it was mostly insignificant to the point where it didn't matter to them.

Their goals never changed- that was one thing that people admired about them. A pro-hero and a book store owner; what an odd pair. But they never minded it. She could have become a hero agency boss if she wanted to and he could've stopped attempting to get number one. They went on the paths they had always wanted to be on and the other never interfered. And no matter how far the paths strayed, they knew that there would be something holding them together.

Yes, Aimoto never believed in love and she still didn't. Bakugo always wanted to be number one and he still did. Yet Aimoto found something more than what 'love' was and Bakugo found someone at the same level of importance as being number one. And they were just fine with that.

So now, as Bakugo pulls (y/n) closer to him with weakened hands and she drifts into his chest, they smile. Their once colored hair is now gray and their joints are all too sore. Pictures litter the house, a family of five looking at the elderly couple as they sway to an old slow song that no one remembers. A matching ring set rests on their frail fingers. The room is filled with memories as they block out the sounds of the outside.

There's a knock at the door now- it opens to reveal three middle-aged people who smile at the sight of their parents and sway along. Katsuki and (y/n) were dating and now married; nothing could separate them.

NOT EVEN THE SWEET-RELEASE OF DEATH.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂