DICTIONARY/ENCYCLOPEDIA

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HER HANDS RAKED THROUGH HIS SPIKY, YET SOFT, HAIR, AS HIS ARMS WRAPPED AROUND HER WAIST. (y/n)'s chest tightened again as she felt him move his head into the crook of her neck, his breath sending electrifying tingles down her spine. He got even closer, now pressing his chest up against her own. Her breath caught in her throat as her face reddened, incoherent words struggling to get out.

"K-Katsuki, I-"

A sudden knock from the floor sent her barrelling out of the cot, waking Katsuki up immediately. (y/n) jumped up and patted down her hair while grabbing her blazer and placing it on top of her arms. "Come in," grumbled the ash blonde, clearly unhappy. Kaminari, a red-haired boy, and a raven-haired one popped their head in with a smirk. "Heyy, Bakugo~ We heard a thump, did something happen?" smirked Kaminari, shimmying his shoulders while wiggling his eyebrows. "No," Bakugo spat, his glare becoming more prominent. (y/n) bit her lip at his expression before taking a deep breath. "I'll be going then. My shift is up soon," she muttered as stoic as possible, "goodbye, Katsuki."

The (e/c)-eyed girl sauntered off, closing the door behind her before collapsing to the ground. Her pounding heartbeat resounded throughout her ears as she thought about what had happened just moments before. A soft groan escaped her lips as she trudged in the direction of the exit. Even though her shift was actually two hours later, the comfort of that old bookstore would definitely calm her nerves.

Maybe she could even find the reason for what she was feeling.

Her fingers brushed across the spines of the books in front of her. She glanced up at the sign above the books to find the words 'ENCYCLOPEDIAS AND DICTIONARIES' in bold print. She pulled out the first encyclopedia flipped through to search for chest pains. Altitude sickness?, she thought, definitely not. (y/n) continued to skim through the words, shaking her head at 'drugs'.

'Poison'. She stared the word for a moment before huffing slightly. There was no reason for him to poison her. Though maybe by kissing his cheek she caught something- "A-Aimoto?"

(y/n)'s flushed face slammed the book close and as calmly as possible turned to face the owner of the shaky voice. His green hair and freckled face made him easy to identify. "Oh, Midoriya, right? Is there something wrong?" The greenette shook in surprise, "sorry, no I- I meant to uh..." (y/n) tilted her head slightly as though urging him on. "...you and Kacchan- are you dating?"

If she had been drinking something, (y/n) would've spit it out. In fact, she found herself choking on air. "Ah! Aimoto, are you okay?!" The freckled boy panicked, picking up the nearest book and whacking her in the back with it in an attempt to help her. This only resulted in her crashing into the bookshelf. Thankfully, it was bolted to the wall so it wouldn't fall on her. She stared him dead in the eye with a scowl. "No."

Midoriya let out a hesitant laugh, "a-are you sure? It kind of seems like it from what I've seen." He trailed off toward the end, his voice coming to a whisper. (y/n)'s mouth fell agape, closing it before touching his arm. Her eyes widened as she saw all the times he had seen them together- including the day at the nurse. She let out a cough, "I can see why."

"Well... do you like him?"

The (h/c)-ette let out a strained smile. "Look, uh... Midoriya. The idea of love disgusts me," she grumbled as she placed back the encyclopedia, "there is no way I could like someone." She stared at the books that lay on the edge of the shelves, no place for them at all. She took a hold of them and began placing them where they belonged all the while she continued to explain her issue.

"...I hope you can understand that."

The freckled boy took a deep breath before taking a hold of her shoulders. "Look, Aimoto, I can see that you like him, and in all honesty, I think he might like you too," he claimed with passionate eyes, "even though you deny it, I swear I will make you notice those feelings so that Kacchan and you can be happy. He needs someone like you. And you- him."

(y/n) looked at the greenette for a moment in shock before looking down at the book in her hands. She opened it to a random page only to find the one thing she hated.

THERE, IN BOLD: LOVE.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂