Chapter 26: Love Bites

Start from the beginning

"Bex!" Joan quickly went to pry Lyssa off.

"No, no... it's okay... it feels good," Bex sighed in pleasure as Lyssa took in large greedy gulps.

"You can't, you're not well enough," Joan chastised her.

"Uhh, god... Lyssa," Bex moaned in pleasure.

Lyssa knew she wasn't going to be able to stop. Not unless someone stopped her. She shot Joan a panicked look and that was all Joan needed. She yanked Bex free. Bex quickly snapped out of her haze.

Lyssa gagged and coughed as she struggled to remain in control. The burning desire for blood engulfed her. She clenched tightly to her casket. If she didn't get blood soon, she was likely to kill both of them.

"Here," Joan quickly handed her a blood bag.

Lyssa made a face, but she was starving and didn't have the right to be picky. She bit into the bag and quickly drained it dry. Joan handed her another, and another until there was none left.

"Lyssa," Bex went to hug her.

"Wait! She not done!" Joan tried to warn her, but it was too late.

Lyssa sunk her fangs into Bex's neck and began to feed.

"Stop it! You'll kill her!" Joan tried to pull Bex free.

Lyssa let out some type of growl, very animalist. Joan had never heard a vampire make that sound before. Come to think of it, Joan had never witnessed a vampire feeding this up close and personal before, other than watching her aunt get killed. Which wasn't a comforting thought at the moment.

Still, with one arm out of service and no vampire-slaying tools on her, she was helpless. All she could do was watch as Lyssa drained Bex. It wasn't long before Bex went limp in Lyssa's arms.

"Stop it! Here, drink from me," Joan offered her arm.

It took everything in her power to force herself off of Bex. She cried out in anguish because she still needed more. A lot more. She hadn't felt this hungry since she was trapped underground for 22 years.

Joan quickly went to Bex's side.

"Bex, Bex wake up," Joan shook her.

Behind her Lyssa eyed her neck, her red eyes glowing with desire. She could fight the urge no longer and she grabbed Joan from behind and sunk her fangs into her neck. Joan yelped in surprise but then shuddered as the haze of euphoria overtook her.

Lyssa drank and drank and drank until Joan fell limp to the floor. Only then could she finally get a hold of herself. Yes, she was still hungry, but it was a controllable hunger that could go a few days unchecked.

Lyssa got out of her coffin and stumbled around a bit. She was disoriented. How long had it been? She was sure it would only be one night, but by the looks of Joan and Bex, whose bruising had vanished considerably she could tell it had been much longer.

She took a calming breath before picking Bex up and running her to the bedroom where she laid her on the bed. Then she ran back and did the same for Joan. They were alive and would be fine, but she knew they were going to need food and water when they woke up.

She examined her reflection and frowned at her now uneven hair. She needed a haircut. She smelled her shirt and made a face; she also needed a shower. She quickly started the shower and threw off her arm cast, she didn't need it anymore as her arm was healed.

As she examined her body in the shower, she noticed her muscles were more toned and defined. All her scars were gone. She just looked healthier overall. She seriously needed to cut her nails though.