Chapter 25: Rest in Peace

ابدأ من البداية

He went still as he wrote on his notepad.

"What do you mean she's human, are the others not?" he looked up at Lyssa.

"Joan the girl with the injured shoulder is. But The man and blonde are not. Nor am I, do you understand?" Lyssa asked.

"Tsk, vampires," He shook his head.

Lyssa knew that some of the cops in this city were vampire slayers.

"Trust me when I say you are going to want to let this one go. If you kill them, not that I would care if you did, a pack of vampires will come. Do yourself a favor, tell them to pull over and dump them."

"Why are you helping me if you're a vampire?" The officer asked.

"I am not with them. This girl is my partner, she means everything to me. I just want to get her safe. Please, listen to me."

"Say I do believe you, then what? What about you?"

"I vanish into the night. The slayers and I have an agreement. I don't kill anyone; they leave me alone. So far, I have been sticking to that. Let them go and I will continue to uphold that, I will also protect this town from other vampire threats, such as I have done today."

"Hey Dover, our blond jane doe and our john doe have no pulse," Someone said over the walkie.

He eyed Lyssa before replying back.

"We have a code V. I repeat code V. Blondie and pretty boy are a code V."

After that, the sirens to that ambulance shut off and as they were driving, they made sure no one was around before pulling over and dumping out the bodies. Then they quickly shut the door and drove off.

"You made the right call," Lyssa said.

"Yeah? And how am I supposed to explain this to my superiors?"

"That's your job, not mine, you ask me you should write this off as a mugging."

He sighed.

Lyssa watched as the paramedics worked on Bex. Patching her up and keeping her steady. When they got to the hospital Bex and Joan were taken into surgery immediately and Lyssa was led to a hospital room where someone came and rebroke her arm and put it in a splint.

Lyssa was out of it, she could feel Bex's life teeter-tottering on the line. Feel the pain, feel the fear, feel the coldness of death taking hold of Bex. She knew it was worse for Bex because Bex could also feel Lyssa's pain.

Lyssa knew what she had to do to help ease Bex's pain. So, when the doctors weren't looking, she ran home. She went to her basement and walked over to her casket. For a moment she stood frozen in fear. Then she took a shaky breath and opened the lid.

She was willing to take the chance for Bex. She knew that she would rather spend a night in a casket than let Bex die. So, with all her courage she laid down and sacrificed herself to her fear, shutting the lid on herself.

Joan woke up to her father standing in front of her. She sighed.

"You went after three vampires by yourself? Are you insane!?" he chastised her.

"Technically it was two, one was on my side," Joan grunted as she sat forward, her arm bandaged tight and bound to her chest.

"Easy, you broke several bones and lost a lot of blood. I'm surprised you're still alive," He shook his head.

"That makes two of us. How's Rebecca? Is she okay?" Joan asked.

"She's stable. They gave her a blood transfusion. Her doctor is one of us, he's suspected she's been involved with a vampire since day one. I just confirmed his suspicions. If she has to keep getting blood transfusions it could really mess her up. She needs to stay away from that vampire girl."