I gasp slightly and knock Wu's shoulder.
"Shut up." I say, turning to look at the girl again. Her head was ever so slowly moving closer and closer towards her desk. It'll only be a matter of minutes until she would fall flat on her face, asleep.
"Something's wrong with her." I whisper.

"What do you mean? Korra's always looked like that." Wu mutters back and I can tell he's looking at her too.
"Besides, I thought you hated her?"

"I don't hate her." I say and then the realisation hit me as the words filter out of my mouth. I do hate her... no. I did hate her, now it's different. It's more complicated then I thought it would be. I don't hate her. But I do and don't?
"Anyway, what do you mean she always looks like that? She looks more drained than ever."

"She plays football Asami, that sport is even exhausting to say." He huffs and sits back in his chair.

"She doesn't play football on a monday, she didn't have a match yesterday either." How do I know this... most importantly, why do I know this?

Wu shrugs.
"I would say ask her but it looks like she's already hit the hay."

I raise a brow and look over to Korra again. She had her cheek pressed up against her desk, eyes closed, asleep.

Korra stayed like that for most of the lesson. Actually, for all of it. The bell rang a few minutes ago and it's just me packing up my things at the back whilst Korra was flat out on her desk. I told Wu that I'd catch up so he left the class to find the rest of our group. Miss Beifong left a few seconds ago too, something about a coffee and the staffroom I don't really know I wasn't listening.  My mind is set on Korra right now. I step forward towards the sleeping girl, hands clasped behind my back. It's break right now, lucky for Korra since she would probably still be here. I should wake her up. How the hell do I do that? I take another step forward again and the papers on her desk come in view. Many scribbles and circles with red pen were scattered everywhere on each page.

I furrow my brow and take another step forward so I could see exactly what these scribbles are. There's a page with neater scribbles compared to the ones on the others. It was a list, but most of the points are crossed out with dots of ink. However there's one word that's circled three times in red pen. 'Waitress'. I raise a brow in confusion. I'm sure we weren't learning about waitresses and bartenders in a History class. She's looking for a job?

My phone buzzes and I check it immediately.

Opal: Asami where are you?

Me: finishing a piece of work, I'll see you all at lunch.

I slip my phone into my blazer pocket and look at the asleep girl again. I tap her shoulder and shake her slightly.
"Korra?" I say, all Korra does is stir slightly, nothing else. I shake her again a little firmer this time. She stirs again but still has her eyes closed. Damn, what the hell did she do to knock out like this?

"Korra.." I say again a little louder. Nothing. Should I just leave her here, it's clear that she isn't planning on waking up any time soon. No, I can't do that. There's bound to be another class in here after break. I check the clock on the wall. 15 minutes until next lesson. I guess I could let her sleep a little, but I could also be asking her about this so called 'waitress' situation she had planned. With that thought in mind I shake her again.

She stirs, shuffles and then finally lifts her head up from the desk; gently rubbing her tired eyes. Her irises are almost a pale grey when they meet mine, swollen too. Her eyes widen when she glances towards me.
"Asami?"

I give her a small smile and pull up a chair next to her desk.
"Hey, are you alright?" I ask.

A yawn escapes her lips as she nods.
"I'm fine, don't worry about me." That cocky smile returns to her lips and it's like her whole face just lights up like it always does. Yet, I know she looks tired, she's not fine at all.

"You slept through all of history." I explain.

Korra sighs and begins to gather her papers together.
"Great." She mumbles under her breath.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" I ask and she nods, that's a lie. The dark rings under her eyes scream the truth. I decide not to push, if she's exhausted the last thing I want is a grumpy Korra on my case.
"So, are you looking for a job or something?"

Korra seems to freeze for a minute, her hands start to gather her papers up more quickly.
"Yeah, I thought I might help my mum out a little." She yawns again.

How sweet of her.
"That's nice of you."

Korra finally clears her desk but still stays seated. Her eyes start to get heavy again and I'm thinking that she'll fall asleep in that sitting position. I take a look at the clock on the wall again, 13 minutes left.
"You know, you can sleep again if you want."

Her movements are almost in slow motion as she turns to me.
"Knowing me I'd spend the whole school day asleep at this desk, I don't want to risk it." She chuckles.

I smile warmly at her.
"I'll wake you up when the next lesson starts." Wait, I will?

Her eyes widen in disbelief and I think mine do too, why did I say that?
"What about your friends? Aren't they waiting for you?"

Yes they are and I should probably go. But I can't, It's like my eyes are glued to this girl and I'm stuck to my seat.
"I promise to wake you up just in time for Math."

Her lips curl up in a delicate smile, so weak that it even looks exhausting to look at.
"Thank you." She whispers before letting her head basically smack to her desk again, fast asleep. A light snore came from her parted lips as her arms sprawl across the desk. I giggle at her position before leaning back on my chair.

I'm not sure why I agreed to do this but, I could get used to it.