Chapter 23: Despite

Beginne am Anfang

I was done trying to hide my tears, I am letting him see the tears, because I knew he had to see the emotions, to actually understand the reality of it all, that I was hurting still too.

"So, all that being said you can be by yourself to your hearts content, I will Stay at Camp from now on." I finished, wiping away the tears again and pushed past him to head back to camp.

When his hand grabbed my upper arm, pulled me to him and softly pushed my back to the tree.

His lips covered mine, before I could even get a word out and I gasped, but wound my hands into his hair.

He lifted my legs and hitched them against his hips, as he continued to nip at my lips and kiss me.

This was different from my first kiss, it was not when I expected it to be, it wasn't after a date. 

There were no flowers or pretenses, not that my first kiss with Daryl was after a date or anything, but this one seemed more eager.

It wasn't perfect, but I was glad that it wasn't, because it was all gloriously Daryl, just straight forward 'I like ya, just dealin' with stuff', Kind of kiss.

He pulled away, his big hands framing my face and his thumbs brushing away the tears.

"Don' cry, 'm sorry... It ain't ya 'm mad at, 'm jus' frustrated that ya had ta go through all that, I wanted ta protect ya." He sighed and laid his head on my chest.

"You could've just said that to begin with Dare, it would've definitely saved us all this tension... You know, you're a very hard man to like Dare, due to your lack of communication and using your very kissable mouth; and yet, I am attracted to you like a moth to a flame." I told him, as I looked up at him and let my hands frame his face because his were framing mine.

He was looking at me with those Georgia blue eyes that felt as if they looked down to the very core of my being and once again stole my heart... as well as any sanity that I had left. His hands moved from my face and fell to my side for now as though he didn't know what to do.

"Yeah, well ya ain't easy ta like either, with your sarcasm and bossy attitude, but Yer worth it." He smirked, his eyes getting dark with sudden desire as he kissed my neck and moved his hands on to my upper thighs, precariously close to my woman part.

"You know, Carol was waitin' on the game, didn't know you had a different type of game going, sorry, you can continue, like I wasn't even here... I'm not here." Glenn mumbled and started to back away.

I bit my lip to try to contain my laughter from embarrassment and the funny part of this situation. "Yeah, you're completely not here Glenn, keep telling yourself that." I laughed.

"Damn it Glenn, take the damn game and git outta here!" Daryl growled, pulled the Game off of his shoulders and tossed it at Glenn.

He stumbled back when he caught it, smirked, nodded at us with a deep blush on his face and took off back towards camp.

"We're gonna catch a lot o' hell fer this..." Daryl groaned with a tormented look on his handsome face and shoved away from the tree.

Making me catch myself, I planted my feet on the ground and had to lean against the tree, because Daryl had stolen my equilibrium.

"Yeah, I guess we will, but it'll be worth it." I smiled at him my lips still tingling after that kiss we shared only moments ago, hoping that his mood hadn't fallen again because I was feeling like everything was finally going to be all right.

"Ya shouldn't like me, I ain't a good guy, Find someone like Glenn or somethin', jus' stay away from me." Daryl shook his head as he headed back to camp.

And just like that he was reverting back to being the asshole again, if there is a god still up there throw me a fucking bone here! I thought that I had fixed the tension only to have it flare back up again, what the hell does he expect from me?

"Despite everything that you aren't ready to tell me, I will always be by your side, no matter how hard you try to push me away, I will push back harder, because you're important to me and no one, not even Glenn could replace you." I straightened my clothes and stood up straight.

"Not to replace my Father, but because I like you, a lot Daryl and even if you aren't ready for that, I'll wait." I informed him, while standing awkwardly, shifting from one foot to the Other.

"For you, I'd wait forever, if that is what it'll take." I sighed, patted his chest and headed back to camp, knowing that I had gotten across what I needed to Daryl even if there was still tension between us.

I was glad that I had gone through some hard stuff, because it seemed to have pulled me out of myself, I wasn't afraid to tell people what I felt and I wasn't feeling so trapped anymore. My feelings matter and I will not stand by while they're being stomped on for whatever trumped up reason Daryl concocted in that thick skull of his!

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
Thank you my lovely fans and I'm sorry for the late update, I was busy yesterday... Anyway I hope that you guys enjoy this chapter. She's finally telling him how she feels!