10

After another two and a half hours of driving, the pair finally arrived in Boston. They briefly spoke but most of it was silent, always leading into some kind of argument. After 10 more minutes, they were at the storage unit.

"We're here" Emma said, parking up the car in the parking lot. Emma unbuckled her belt and pushed the door open, noticing the brunette still sat there. "You coming"

"Yeah, might as well" Regina shrugged, still a little annoyed from their last argument.

The pair got out the car and headed towards the unit. Number 12, the only one with more than one lock on. Emma used all her keeps and combinations to unlock it. Regina was shocked by the amount of locked on there, knowing she needed this kept hidden.

"Stop looking at me" Emma sighed in annoyance, placing the final lock on the floor.

"Stop complaining, Swan" Regina replied with an eye roll, too tired to deal with the blonde.

Emma lifted the door up and looked inside, flipping the light on. It was filled with personal stuff she didn't want to travel with. Regina looked shocked at amount of stuff in there, not expecting the blonde to be sentimental. Emma walked in and straight to a box saying him. She carried it to a table, placed it down and began looking through to find the phone.

"Come in and close the door" Emma quickly said, not looking over her shoulder to see her. Regina kicked the locks inside and pulled the door down, heading over to the blonde. She pulled out an old phone with a charger wrapped around it, clearly not used in a long time. "I'll stick it on charge for 5 minutes"

"Can we grab something to eat on the way back, I'm hungry" Regina asked as she sat down, feeling her empty stomach rumbling.

"If we get time when we get back to Maine then yeah" Emma replied, knowing she's just as hungry as the brunette.

"Good. Reina just messaged, Margot's fine" Regina said with a smile, having given the blonde regular updates to keep her calm.

"Thanks" Emma said with a reassured smiled across her face, still worried about her. She rested in the seat and looked at the phone, already bored of waiting for it. She then glanced up at the brunette, saw her just as bored. "Have you got any siblings? Other than Reina, I mean"

"Are you making small talk" Regina asked in slight confusion, having never done this with the blonde.

"Yeah, why not? I'm bored, just talk" Emma sighed, encouraging the brunette to speak to entertain her.

"Ok, then. Yeah, there was 6 of us, 3 girls and 3 boys, but I only talk to Reina now" Regina replied, still a little surprised they were small talking.

"How come" Emma asked, actually curiously the amount there is.

"When my dad left and mum died, we all looked after each other. I came out as bisexual, my brother's didn't like it and kicked me out our house. Reina was furious, started a huge fight with them and left with me. The youngest didn't understand what to do so she stayed and it was just us two" Regina briefly explained, knowing it wasn't the time to go into detail bout this.

"Oh, I'm sorry. All of that must have been hard" Emma said in slight shock, not sure how to comfort her.

"It's fine, it was years ago" Regina shrugged, placing the tough guy card like the blonde before.

"You know how you can see through my act? Well, I can see through yours too" Emma said with a chuckle, realising it's obvious now she knows.

"Touché" Regina nodded towards her, give a small giggle as she did. "Is the phone ready"