Part 2: Bobbi Morse

Part Two

The second time Tony's spidey sense tingled, was the day Bobbi Morse came to the Tower. After a briefing, several SHIELD members sat in the lounge to chat and catch up that evening.

Bobbi made sure to seat herself right next to Clint on the couch. Tony hovered, hoping Romanov would join them soon.

Minutes later, Natasha sauntered into the lounge and eyed the scene. Bobbi was being flirty, giggling at Clint's silly jokes and putting her hand on his arm at every chance.

Tony watched Nat casually sit at the bar and play with her phone. Bobbi was basking in Clint's attention, now daring to press her leg against his. Clint seemed oblivious to the girl's infatuation.

How long was Natasha going to let the mousy blonde paw at her partner? Stark wondered.

Not long. One more loud laugh from Bobbi with a, 'Oh, Clint, you're so funny' and Nat popped up from her chair and walked by the couch.

No expression on Black Widow's face, no beratement from her lips, only an arch of the eyebrow and Clint jumped to his feet. He told Bobbi it was good to see her and followed Natasha out the door like a puppy.

Bobbi looked so defeated, Stark almost felt sorry for the young woman.

Almost.

Later that night...

"Jarvis, location of Agent Barton."

"Agent Barton is in the training room, Sir."

"Agent Romanov?"

"Ms. Romanov is in the training room."

"Heat rates?"

"Elevated to maximum exertion."

"Status?" He asked hopefully.

"They are sparring in the training ring."

Tony heaved an exasperated sigh. That's not what he wanted to hear.

Putting on his best spy glasses, Stark took the long way to his penthouse, via the training room, hoping Jarvis was wrong. Nat and Clint were sparring, changing out weapons with each round. Tony lingered thinking it may lead to more, but no. When one match ended, they began another one.

Tony crossed his arms. There was something going on and he was going to prove it.