Chapter 32

Greece 11 a.m.
Grayson POV -

"Grayson!" I hear Ava say from the other side of the door. I'm checking the hotelroom one last time before I grab my suitcase and head out. "Are you ready?" She says as I open the door. She's leaning against the door post with one hand, while resting her other hand on her suitcase. Wearing her white Vans, a shirt and skinny jeans that hug her curves in all the right places. "All set to go!" I say when I close the door behind me. Our flight is in 3 hours and I'm pretty excited to explore Italy. Greece is beautiful, but so much has happened here. Let's hope we can leave that behind us in Italy.

"How are you feeling?" Ava asks me as we're heading towards the elevator. I know she's referring to me freaking out yesterday, when y/n started hyperventilating. "I'm-.. I'm feeling good." I mumble as I shrug my shoulders. I can feel the blood rising to the surface of my cheeks. How embarrassing that I almost ended up having an anxiety attack myself, when I really should have been helping y/n. And as if she is reading my mind, Ava joins the inner monologue I'm having. "You did really good, yesterday." She says reassuring. "Getting y/n out of that place, out of that situation was the right call to make." Ava adds as we're waiting for the elevator. I nod and look at my hands, waiting patiently until the fluster on my cheeks disappears.

"So did you.." I say softly. "You really knew how to calm her down." I add, while I try to look at her in my peripherals, without having to completely turn my head. I didn't even think about that. But Ava knew exactly what to do. And I swear to God she can read my mind when she continues: "I've had my fair share of anxiety attacks." A faint smile appears on her face. "And I now know what works for me when I end up hyperventilating. Luckily it also worked for y/n." Ava adds. I remember Nick telling us about Ava's anxiety. But I'm still confused and end up turning my head completely in her direction, which makes her look up and we lock eyes. "Pinky promises work during anxiety attacks?" I ask her baffled. "What?" Ava says as she furrows her brows and starts laughing. "No!" She chuckles. "Ethan told me about their pinky promises. That it was their thing. He told me they could influence eachothers heartrates and stress levels, just by touch. Like it's magic." Ava tells me intrigued. "That's why I thought the pinky promise thing would help her focus on Ethan, instead of on her ex." She adds and I'm impressed. I'm thinking about all the times I saw Ethan and Ava having conversations. They were so focused on eachother, with Ava occasionally tapping Ethan's arm. "Did Ethan tell you a lot about y/n?" I ask, trying to feel out if that is what all those conversations were about. "A lot is an understatement." She chuckles. "It is all he has been talking about!" She adds.
"I know how she smells, what her favourite food is, what their song is. Heck I even know how cute she is when she gets angry and how her lips taste." Ava laughs as we step into the elevator. Her laughing stops abruptly and she locks eyes with me. Her pupils are wide and her mouth is slightly open. Oh shit! Is she realizing I've been keeping track of her conversations with Ethan?

I get distracted by her full lips when she all of a sudden takes this conversation in a completely different direction and says: "Oh! My! God! You are still in love with y/n, aren't you? That's why it affected you so much when she was upset. That's why you want to know if your brother talks a lot about her." She says raising her voice.

I am totally taken aback by her ridiculous logic and can't unfurrow my brows out of shock. My brain wants to use a thousand words and form hundreds of sentences to let her know that I'm not in love with y/n anymore. I care for her, yes. Absolutely. But in love, no! I am not able to fall for or be in love with her after seeing how Ethan and y/n connect. What their love encompasses goes beyond anything I've ever seen. But even though my brain wants to say a lot, nothing comes out. Ava keeps staring intensely at my disturbed face and I manage to close my mouth and stop gawking at her. "It's okay to still like her." She says comforting.

"She seems a lovely gi-.." Ava continues when I stop her mid sentence. I press my index finger against her moving lips and we lock eyes. She doesn't pull away from my finger and I don't pull away my finger from her lip. She clenches her jaw and dimples appear in her cheeks. I wanna touch her soft skin and take a step towards her. My hand brushes her cheek. Ava's breathing becomes shallow and irregular, while I see her eyes move from my eyes to my lips. I swallow all the words I felt like saying and lean in towards her. With my nose brushing hers. My heart is pounding in my chest again. But is, even though I'm very much aware of it, pretty steady and calm. My lips bounce softly against her lips and I taste her vanilla lip balm.

I open my mouth slightly to wrap it gently around her bottom lip, while I tilt my head. Ava surrenders by letting me take control of this kiss and I bite and tug on her lower lip. My tongue trails her lip and quickly finds hers. As if she's been waiting and I feel Ava's hand on my shirt. Grabbing and pulling on tempo with the kiss. I gently pin her against the wall of the elevator and let my hands discover her body. Holy shit.. this girl is blowing my mind. I grab a hold of her hips as I hear the elevator doors open. Never in my life have my reflexes been so quick, when I pull away from Ava's lip and jump back. Leaving a safe distance between the two of us.

I look over at Ava who stares at me in shock and I slowly wipe my thumb over her bottom lip, while I swallow the thirst building up in my body. "So I guess you're not in love with y/n.." I hear Ava breathe behind me as I walk out of the elevator and step into the lobby. What is happening with me? Whatever it is.. I can't help but grin.