•17•

//Hello! I hope you enjoy it so far. Remember to leave feedback and vote please! Enjoy this picture from the Roadies video!\\

Claire's POV

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself, belting out a verse from my new Pierce The Veil song, Props and Mayhem.

"COME AT ME, WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOOOOT!" I opened the door to the other room, dancing. "BURST INTO FLAMES! SCREAM IN THE DARK! I'M GONNA-"

A voice laughed loudly from the other side of the room. I jumped.

"Shit, Vic!" I wrapped the towel tighter around me, surprised. He joined in.

"LIGHT UP THIS PLACE, AND DIE IN BEAUTIFUL STARS, TONIGHT! You have such a pretty voice, Claire."

My face was hot.

"I, uh, no." I fumbled behind me for the door to the bathroom, grabbing it and slipping inside.

I heard him laugh.

"People usually find it extremely creepy when you wait for them outside their shower!" I shouted from the other side of the door.

"Fine, you got me! I'm gone!" Came a muffled reply followed by footsteps and the click of the door. I smiled and exited the steamy bathroom to go find some clothes for the day.

After a few minutes, I settled on dark blue skinny jeans and a navy long-sleeved shirt with a long gold necklace. I curled my hair and put on light makeup.

I exited the room to search for Alex and the boys. I found them in the lobby, sipping coffee and lounging on the couches. I sat on top of Vic, who groaned.

"Whatcha doin' guys?"

"Nothing much, just waiting for Michele." Replied Tony.

Michele was the band's tour manager. She must be coming to collect them for the sound check.

"What are you girls planning to do today?" Asked Jaime. He sat next to Claire, his arm slung over Alex's shoulder.

Alex and I looked at each other.

"I don't know... Probably just go out on the town and find something interesting to occupy ourselves with... What do you think, Claire?"

"Hmm... I don't know. Is there a beach nearby?" I said enthusiastically. I glanced at Alex, hoping she'd catch on.

"Yeah! We could go for a walk on Ocean Beach, I hear it's not far from here." She had a skeptical look on her face. She knew I hated the beach. I knew she wanted to say something, but she was cut off by a voice behind us.

"Okay, you girls have fun today." Said Michele, rushing up to us. "It's time to go, boys! By the way, I need that band member you're sitting on." She smiled, pointing at us.

I rolled off of Vic. He stood, straightening his shirt. He pulled me in for a hug and whispered, "If you see Lindsay today, have Alex kick her ass for me, okay?"

I smiled.

"Okay." He kissed my forehead and they were out the door, ushered by a flustered Michele.

"So." I said, turning to face Alex. "I thought maybe today we could go on a Lindsay hunt."

"I knew that beach stuff was bullshit. Let's go find ourselves a witch."

•••

Alex's POV

NOBODY messes with my best friend. If we ever end up finding Lindsay...

Well, let's just say she's lucky Claire is here to hold me back.

We left the lobby after the boys, walking into the California air. It was getting a little warmer as the sun peeked over the buildings.

"So, if I were an insensitive ass, where would I be?" I asked, jokingly.

"I don't know. She seems to run into me wherever I am, so I'm sure she'll show up soon." Claire said, surveying the street. "Until then," she said, turning to me,"I think we need to have a discussion about what has happened to us in the past few days!"

We both squealed. After all, we're only girls, and we had been through a hell of a lot in the past few days.

"Oh my goodness- tell me how things are going with you and Vic!" I looped my arm in hers and listened intently as we walked the street.

"Oh my gosh Alex, he is... I just. It's only been a few days but- Alex, I think it's really something special." She smiled stupidly.

"Aww! Claire! That. Is. Adorable." I was genuinely happy for her.

"How are things with Jaime?" She asked.

"Oh. Jaime. He's amazing, really. It was a dream of mine to meet him, and now I have. But I feel... I don't know. I feel kind of friendzoned."

"Oh. The friendzone." She frowned. "Well, that fucking blows."

"Tell me about it. I don't know, I guess I'll give it some time. It just felt kind of like an instantaneous thing, you know? I feel like he immediately saw me as a friend. And that kind of hurts! I don't know if I even have feelings for him yet."

"It sure looked like it at the club the other night..."

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Do you not remember?"

"Remember what?"

"You and Jaime were making out at the club!" You don't remember that?" She furrowed her brow.

"Claire, I was completely wasted. Do you think I would have remembered that?" Damn it, I wish I did.

"Holy fuck." She said under her breath, looking past me.

I turned my head in the direction she stared. Low and behold, the witch.

Well, Bitch.

She sat at an outdoor table at one of the cafes on the street. She was about 30 feet away from us.

I glanced at Claire.

"Hey, calm down." I said. Her face had gone white. "Listen, she's just another girl. I know she's been a bully, but we need to end her shit, okay?"

She nodded.

"Okay, so what you need to do is walk right by her table so she notices you. If she says something, I'll show up at your side to back you up. Okay?" I said.

"Okay." She said. She looked nervous; it was clear she hadn't handled much drama like this before.

I hung back as Claire started towards Lindsay.