•5•

Claire's POV

"I breathe you in with smoke, in the backyard lights,
We used to laugh until we choked, into the wasted nights.
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone,
So darling don't, don't wake me up, 'cause my thrill is gone.
In the sunset turning red behind the smoke, forever and alone."

Vic started the song "Bulletproof Love" and I was instantly intoxicated. The concert was already halfway over- where did the time even go?

Suddenly Vic stopped singing, as the music held a soft note.

"I think I need someone from the audience to come on stage and help me out a bit."

That voice. That sweet voice.
A surge of teenage bodies swarmed the pit. Vic scanned the crowd, and I swear, our eyes met just for a moment. He seemed to linger there for a second, then they moved on, scanning another side of the room. He swept back though, and met me again.

"You," he said into the mic. "You, there. In the collide with the sky shirt! Come on up" he smirked when my face paled.
A security guard suddenly appeared at my side and ushered me to the front. He hoisted me onto the stage and I soon found myself face-to face with SnapBack boy. He smirked at my pale, terrified face then said into my ear,

"you'll be fine, just relax."

I was petrified, but I gulped and nodded.

"What's your name, beautiful?" Vic asked.

"Uh, Claire" I stammered.

"Everyone, meet Claire!" I was met by a deafening roar from the pit.

Vic sat me down on an amp and kneeled in front of me so we were face to face, smiling and holding one of my hands. Him and the band picked up where he had stopped.

"This isn't fair! Don't you try to blame this on me. My love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me."

On this last line, he winked at me with that smirk of his. I felt him press something into my hand. Security then ushered me offstage so the band could finish their set.

I had butterflies in my stomach for the rest of the show. Alex was jealous, to say the least. As we were leaving the show, I remembered the object Vic pressed into my hand. I slowly opened it. And in my palm was a strip of paper and a cell number. Score.