𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Rory's POV

"Mom, I'm fine." I said rolling my eyes. I had just come back from another mission, battling a dragon, and my mom was looking all over my wounds. It wasn't even much. 

"Can I go back to EAS now?" I asked. It had been about five days since my mom found the truth about EAS, and she still wasn't ready to accept that magic was real. My mom sighed. "Rory, you said you're just gonna go for three hours if I agreed to let you go." 

"Yeah but I need to go back now." Then hesitating, "Lena called me on my M3." It was a lie, Lena hadn't called me, but I had to get back. 

"I'm sure she can wait." 

"Fine", I said. I went up to my room.

I opened my bag and took out a vial. I knew I shouldn't use the temporary transport spell right now, but I had to get to EAS. My mom wouldn't understand. I painted the spell on my closet door and walked through.

EAS looked different. Less crowded for some reason. Then I remembered mostly everyone was at the training courts watching the duel. Kenneth had challenged the new kid, Tom, who was really good at sword fighting.

I saw Lena coming toward me. "Hi." She said. She looked like she'd run a mile. "I was looking for you." 

"You were?" I asked. That usually meant she needed to test me out on one of her inventions.

"I need you to test out one of my inventions." She said, as if reading my mind. Oh no. Last time she asked me that I came out covered in dragon scales and smelled like stinky socks dipped in the sewer. 

"Umm did you ask chase?" I asked. 

"He said he was busy." 

"What about Kyle?" 

"He isn't here right now, family emergency."

Then I saw chase walking by. "There he is. He doesn't look busy. Let me ask him. Hey chase Lena wants you to test out one of her inventions thanks." Before he could reply Lena had dragged him of. He looked back at me as if to say: you're not getting away with this, and disappeared behind the workshop door.

I followed after them. Lena was explaining something to chase. "...So you stand here and just...

Something was moving in the back wall of the room. Someone was spying on them! "Hey", I shouted. The figure jumped. I ran after it. I caught a glimpse before it ran out of the workshop. I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw Mia, The snow queens creepy puppet. She ran towards the tree of hope. There was a portal there. She went for it. I ran towards her. I looked back and saw chase running too. Lena was right behind him. 

There was no time. The portal was closing. I went through.