James and Peter followed Remus without hesitating, leaving Sirius behind. He ran a hand through his hair and looked very puzzled.

"I have no idea what just happened, but happy birthday Lia," he smiled down at the birthday girl. "We should celebrate tonight, Three Broomsticks, seven-thirty!" he yelled before climbing through the portrait hole. Amelia laughed and shook her head.

"Can you believe this guy? It's a Monday, we can't even go to Hogsmeade," she chuckled.

"Yup, he really is something else," Eleanor grinned as she gave Amelia her gift. Doris and Kathy followed and as expected, Amelia liked all of it.

Since it was just a regular school day, Amelia couldn't really enjoy her birthday until after dinner since they had classes until four o'clock. So when they were done eating in the Great Hall, the girls decided they would have dessert in the common room.

Once there, Amelia grabbed all of the sweets she had gotten that morning and they sat down in front of the fireplace. Eleanor helped herself to Liquorice Wands and Peppermint Toads, Fudge Flies, and Jelly Slugs. But not the crystallized pineapple, those were reserved for Amelia. And Amelia only.

Amelia, Kathy, Doris, and Eleanor were just talking about their friendship and about the past three years at Hogwarts when a group of loud boys entered the common room.

"Hullo ladies," Sirius said with a grin. He hopped over the sofa and sat down next to Eleanor. She gave him a strange look.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Sirius just leave them alone," he said.

"But that would be a shame Lupin, this is not a party," Sirius said with his arms spread, obviously meaning the group of girls who were stuffing themselves with sugar.

Eleanor nudged him in the elbow. "Hey! We're fun!" she said in an offended tone. Sirius turned to face her and just snorted.

"No I agree with Sirius actually, they could use some help," James said and put a reassuring hand on Sirius' shoulder.

"I don't trust this," Kathy said, squinting her eyes at the two boys. Doris shook her head.

Amelia put one last crystallized pineapple in her mouth and then closed the jar. "Okay," she started with her mouth full. "Show us." She looked up at them with a smirk. James and Sirius both had a mischievous look in their eyes.

"Okay, let's go then," Sirius said. He got up from his seat and went up the stairs to his dorm. James grinned and went after him.

Kathy and Doris looked very uncertain unlike Amelia and Eleanor, who had already reached the stairs. Remus noticed the expressions on their faces and chuckled.

"Trust me, it's safe up there," he reassured them. So the other two girls went upstairs as well, followed by Peter and Remus.

But when they were all inside the boys' messy dormitory, James and Sirius were nowhere to be found. Remus smiled to himself and shook his head as he sat down on the edge of his bed.

"So what is going to happen," Amelia said, sitting down in front of James' bed.

Eleanor sat down on Sirius' bed because he wasn't there, so she might as well take advantage of it. Peter took place on his own bed, so Doris decided to sit in front of his and Kathy in front of Remus'.