𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟖

People say it's easy to be normal,

But, in reality, it's not actually easy.

It's extremely hard to be normal.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

HRC 8: City (Shitty) Bois

"E-Eh? The person you... were suggesting to meet m-me agreed, H-Hiji-san?" (Y/N) stammered as she talked to her childhood friend on the phone. She was wearing her grey jacket matched with black leggings, sure it was similar to the ones people would wear in PE classes, but clothes like these made the girl comfortable. She swung her legs nervously that the sandals on her feet almost fell.

From the other side of the line, Ushijima smiled at her nervousness, and as much as possible, he gently told her, "Yes. Sakusa said that it's okay as long as you don't get too close to him within five meters." He was laying down on his bed, imagining the face that his friend was making right now. He was rubbing his own hand. Perhaps he was excited that he heard his friend's voice up close? Why though? They have talked numerous times, being close to each other with no problem, so why was a phone call making his heart beat faster?

(Y/N) sheepishly chuckled. Unknown to her own knowledge, her voice sounded melodious bells that was ringing on the church to her long time friend. "T-Then, I will... make sure to r-remember that. I-I wouldn't like making S-Sakusa-san uncomfortable with me," she replied, lowering her voice as she is afraid to wake up her beloved sleeping mother whose room was just beside hers. 

"Oh, I'm s-sorry you had to... call me at such a l-late time, Hiji-san. As always, t-thank you for supporting me..." Her stuttering always seemed to lessen when her friend was here. Even without being by his side physically, she knew that they were there for each other at all times.

A rare chuckle escaped from the usual stone-faced Ushijima, he shook his head, sitting up from his position to assure her, "I always want to help you, Era. That's why I'm doing this for you. Also, there is no need to apologize. I'd rather hear your laughter than apologizing to me," he admitted, making the (H/C)-haired girl blush at his sentiment. Laughter came from the other side of the line, making the corner of his lips curve up affectionately.

He didn't hear his mother knocking on the door, coming in to give his allowance as quiet as possible. The older lady's olive eyes widened at the face that her son was making, she simpered, closing the door silently and wondering on who could have been the cause of her son's kind, sincere and loving face.

Sensing the silence, Ushijima didn't want their conversation to end so quickly, he gulped, his hands unknowingly shaking. "Era," he desperately called the nickname he gave her when they were children.