37

It's been a few hours since everything happened. Stephan and all of them went home. Not after trying to get answers out of me. Stephan knew who those people were but didn't know who they belonged to. Didn't know the group. It's fine. Wasn't even going to tell them who they were anyways. The family came to my main warehouse where Maxim and Elijah met us. They knew what happened.

Everything was silent. Nobody dared to talk to me. I was livid. The power I held, it was dangerous. Everybody here knew I was going to blow up any second. Nobody dared to maintain eye contact with me. They didn't even try.

"Addison-" Elijah starts.

"Fuck off." I say, harshly. He nods and steps back. People were starting to push my buttons.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked at them.

"What?" I grit out. They immediately cowered in fear. "Well what the fuck do you want from me?"

"They're here." They whisper before running away with their tail tucked between their legs. This made me angier. Everybody knew this too so they took a couple steps back. I was a scary person when I was angry. I knew that much.

I walked towards my office and went in. The person I was meeting with stood up and held their hand out. They put it back when they were met with a glare.

"We had a goddamn deal!" I yell. They furrowed their eyebrows.

"What?" They asked, confused.

"Call your goddamn fucking people off. Or I will-"

"You'll what?" They respond, with a knife to my throat. This made me even mad.

"Call your people off, Adriana." She sneered at me and I raised an eyebrow. "What? You think I wouldn't fucking find out!"

"How's-" She got cut off by me throwing a punch to her face. I didn't care. I was beyond livid. She staggered back a bit

"You should know better than to disrespect your queen." I say, smiling at her. A sinful smile but it's whatever. She glared at me. I shook my head and walked out of my office, going back to the main room. I looked at one of my guards who slowly met my gaze. "Don't let her leave this goddamn place."

"What-"

"Lock her the fuck up and throw away the goddamn key, got it?" I say, smirking. He nods and walks towards my office. I had a murderous look on my face. I didn't care.

"Addison? Is everything okay? Like with you?" Adrian asks, softly. I look at them.

"Everything is fine. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because it's only been a couple hours since Apollo-"

"Don't. We're not talking about it." I say, coldly.

"Addison-" Maxim starts but gets cut off.

"Um, boss?" One of my men asks, coming over to me. I looked at them and glared. They handed me one of the ipads and I took it. I looked at the screen.

"Fucking great. Another problem. Let's just keep adding them to my goddamn list. You know what I'm about to go do? Probably go shoot someone's brain out." I say, smiling. They tensed up. "They probably deserve it."

"Addison, let's just take a minute to-"

"Maxim, I'm only going to say it once and once only, kindly shut the fuck up." I say, looking at him. He sighs. "I'll be back later. Probably go rip my goddamn stitches out." With that, I walked out of the warehouse, slamming the door on my way.

Maxim's pov

It wasn't a surprise to how Addison was acting. We knew why. She was hurting but she masked it with anger. She was goddamn scary when she was angry.

"Will she be okay?" Adrian whispers, making us look at him.

"Hopefully. May take some time, but she'll come around." I say, softly. He looks at me.

"But when? She's never been this mad before."

"Everything is hitting her so it may be a little bit. You gotta remember, she watched her daughter die and now her dogs? This is big for her. She will try to push us away. No matter what."

"But-"

"She'll come around, alright?" I say, harshly. I mostly said it to make me believe it. He slowly nods. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out harsh."

"I know. It's okay." A person came over to us and we looked at him.

"What?" I grit out. They took a step back.

"Um, Addison is nowhere to be found. She ditched the guards you put on her and her own personal guards." He whispers. I tensed up and so did the others.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"She took off her tracker. She's nowhere to be found." I clenched my jaw.

"Fuck." Elijah says, running a hand through his hair.

"So she's off the grid?" Darius asks, looking at us.

"She's going to flee the country." I mumble, making their eyes widen. "What? She did it before. God did Ryan get pissed off at her for that. She didn't care. He made her pissed off so she did what she was best at. Flee the state or country."

"Will she actually do that though?" Chase whispers, making me look at him.

"It's Addison. She'll do whatever she wants to make her feel alive again. That means anything illegal." I whisper. I was scared for what she's going to do.

"Will she fight?" Dante asks, scared. I shake my head.

"Not with the wounds she has. She wouldn't risk it. Not with her bullet wound."

"Will she come home?" Dante asks, with fear in his eyes. I tensed up.

"She won't go back to that mansion and you guys shouldn't either. It's dangerous." They nod. "I'll set you up in my mansion. I can stay in one of my penthouses I have in the city."

"Thank you Maxim." I nod at them.

I am so sorry for the pain I caused last chapter.

Any who, who do you think "Adriana" is? That's her real name not some alias or anything like that. Share yours ideas about her in the comments!

Share. Comment. Vote.

Oh also thank you guys so much for 18k reads! I didn't realize this book would blow up! I'm so thankful for all of you guys! Have a good day or night!