thirteen

Song: maniac (linked above)

Scarlet's P.O.V ~

I know what I'm doing to Dakota is wrong, but Lucas brainwashed me to pull Dakota's heartstrings and then betray him, and to be honest it sounded like a really good idea. I didn't care if Dakota thought I was crazy or that something was wrong with me. I was totally fine until he said he thought I was crazy for shooting my dad.

My dad meant absolutely nothing to me and I had already forgotten him like he never even existed to me...but at least he can be with my mother

I go up to Dakota's cell and unlock it, I am carrying a tray in my hands with some soup and crackers and I'm gonna tell him the truth about me killing my own father. That's why I made him his favorite soup..

I place the soup on the table and undo the restraints on Dakota's legs and arms. Once he is on the ground I place the bowl of soup in front of him, his eyes light up like a child's face on Christmas morning.

Every single time I look at his handsome face I am reminded of all the reasons I still love him, so I avoid any further eye contact with him..

"Look at me, Scarlet," he commands gentle and soft, and I feel bad for doing this to him but I can't look at him without regretting that I killed my father..

"I can't look at you," I say quietly and he raises an eyebrow "because I killed my father I say as I watch his expression turned from neutral to pissed off in a second... I turn toward the door of the cell and walk away quickly locking the door in the process.

"Scarlet, that is the worst thing that you have done to me, and now I can't trust you." Dakota simply says to me, his eyes void all emotion that was there before.

"Why do you care about my father anyway?" I ask with my back turned to Dakota. I take out my pocket knife that Lucas gave me and turn to Dakota.

"Tell me.." I laugh psychotically watching him back to the wall in his cell. Even though I know I can't kill my first love I want to scare him enough to actually tell me the full fucking truth...

Dakota's P.O.V ~

Scarlet killed my only sense of family, cause my real family couldn't give a damn shit about me. Derek was the only person who really made me feel like I actually belonged somewhere..and now that he's gone for good, I don't even fucking know what to do with the rest of my life. Do I stay trapped in this cell or do I escape and become a badass like Derek?

I could care less about Scarlet being my girlfriend now, she's clearly not sympathetic to her dad's death and she betrayed me. When Scarlet's back is turned I slip out of my cell and run as fast as I can..but then I hear shots...gunshots, and I start bolting to my motorcycle but I'm too late. Scarlet shot me in the leg without realizing it or caring about it, she just stood there like a deer in the headlights of a reckless driver. I am now tired and done with all her petty bullshit...

"Thanks for not caring, Scarlet." I say honestly as I rub the spot where my knee hurts like hell. Scarlet looks at me and shrugs like she doesn't care anymore. I wanna scream at her but Derek taught me never to hit a girl even if they wrong you.  Oh, if only he could see what his daughter has turned into...

"Dakota, I'm sorry but sometimes you need to let people go and watch them trickle out of your life without warning or care." She says but I don't believe it...if I did believe it she wouldn't have killed her own father.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore, just let me go." I beg her and look her in her brown eyes that don't seem to show any kind of emotion or anything..is it all over? The conversations about love, and the constant blushing of her sweet face...I guess it is.

Lucas walks up behind Scarlet and puts his hands on both her shoulders, almost like he is controlling her. She doesn't even smile at me, she just looks clueless like no emotion at all.

"D..Dakota," she says "I'm so sorry now you know but I'm Lucas's property now."

"Whatever I don't care anymore." I say with my arms crossed around my chest. I knew that was the case since she had betrayed me, and I completely lost interest in her after that. I don't like girls who betray me...

"But I am your first love," she protests and gives me a frown. "You can't get rid of me, Dakota." That hits me right in the heart and I feel as if my heart is shattered into pieces and smashed with a baseball bat so hard that I don't even realize what comes out of my fucking mouth...

"Scarlet, it's over, I don't want you anywhere around me anymore since you turned into a psychotic bitch, oh and your father only left you to take care of me..." 

Scarlet falls to her knees now and sobs, but if I don't walk away right now I know I won't walk away at all so that's exactly what I do...I walk out of there and get on my motorcycle.

"Wait, Dakota." Scarlet runs out of the building as I rev my engine. I look up at her for only a brief second before turning my engine off. She's deranged but something about her is different like she is back to her old self again.

"What?" I say leaning against my motorcycle, smoking a cigarette.

"How do you know how my dad abandoned me?" She asked wiping her tears from her face. I want to just embrace her but I'm scared that  if I do, she'll find a way to attack me.

"Because my parents kicked me out of the house as soon as they found out I got into a minor altercation and so I was homeless and Derek found me and took me under his wing, he was the closest thing I had to a father because mine didn't give a shit about me after they kicked me out..."

"Oh, Dakota,  I didn't know that or else I would have spared him." She says

"Son?..." I hear a voice behind me saying

It can't be my actual father. Not now..

Listen to yourself, think you need to get some help