thank you. [naibluca - fluff, mild angst]

something to take note of is i changed how luca's electric box works on the exit gate. i adjusted it to fit the story, you can not do what i wrote here for luca's exit gate progress transfer in the game.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Decoding progress at 67%!" Luca Balsa, the "prisoner" pinged using the quick message. It was Leo's Memory, one of the worst maps for Luca. He HATED the cold so much. He didn't mind snowball fights that happened in Leo's Memory, but he was sensitive to the cold, so he often tried to get out of the exit gate instead of sticking around to have the cold nip at him. There were currently three cipher machines left; Naib Subedar, the mercenary, had been kiting for a long time already. At this point though, Luca was certain the hunter would've changed targets by now; the hunter hadn't even managed to hit Naib, so Luca wasn't even sure who was the hunter they were going against.

"Decoding progress at 45%!" pinged Norton Campbell, the prospector.

"Decoding progress at 25%!" pinged Fiona Gilman, the priestess. Luca stopped decoding for a moment, bending down to toy around with his circuit box that was planted at every cipher machine, connecting his cipher machine to Fiona's, as she was one of the slowest decoders in their team. Once Luca finished connecting the two ciphers, he went back to decoding, transmitting 45% progress to Fiona's machine. Luca shivered, clenching his chattering teeth. This couldn't have been worse, Luca thought. He sighed softly, and just as a calibration came up, a huge headache washed over him. He let out a small cry, staggering back a bit from the machine as he clutched his head with both hands, the sound of a shock coming from the machine as Luca had missed a calibration. He gritted his teeth, sliding down against the wall as he could feel ringing in his head, an overwhelming sound.

"The... changed... targets...!" Was that Naib who pinged a quick message...? Luca couldn't make out the message, his headache overwhelming him. What did he say...? The chocolate haired brunette was stunned, well, that was what it felt like. He was freezing, and as he tried to get up, he stumbled and fell to one knee, his vision blurring for a second or two. Try to calm down, Luca kept telling himself. He was used to these headaches. Unfortunately, he didn't have his painkillers with him this time. He had completely forgotten them back at his room, and now that he was suffering the consequences of his forgetfulness, Luca was annoyed with himself. He inhaled and exhaled sharply, trying to steady his breath in hope's that doing that would help him relax. However, the sound of his pulsating heart mixed in with the ringing in his head and he collapsed to the ground, clutching his head. His grey hues picked up a figure approaching him, his pulse becoming more rapid followed by a bright, purple glow in his rib cage where his heart was.

"My my, look at you, what easy prey," a gentlemanly, yet sadistic voice said as the tall hunter knelt down to look at Luca in his pitiful state. "I had been hoping to find Miss Gilman instead of you but... you'll be a very easy target." Due to their closeness, Luca was able to make out every word the hunter was saying, and dread filled him when he recognized the voice of the notorious Jack the Ripper. Luca glowered at him, clenching his teeth as the pain in his head did not cease, not even for a moment, not even when Jack swung his bladed left hand down on Luca, downing him with both his fog blade and his actual blade. Luca had gotten downed so quickly, that he was expecting his teammates to say "thank you" because of it. Luca had forgotten Servais le Roy and Freddy Riley weren't on his team at the moment, however. Dragged by his ankle, Luca clenched on to the ground, his gloved fingers trying to dig into the earth to struggle out of Jack's grasp. It was pointless though, as Luca's body had become weak from the pounding in his head. Before he knew it, he was strapped into the uncomfortable rocket chair, struggling weakly.