Chapter Ten | ImpromtuXPlans

Start from the beginning

"Anyway," Ludwig began, "I suppose we'll be needing a new plan."

Eliza nodded.

"We'll continue with the meeting, but it may be best to do this in person. Let's hope Vasch agrees to host; I'll call him now."

Ludwig and Francis nodded in agreement, and Eliza dialed his number from their home phone.

It didn't even ring once before he picked up.

"She's missing?" He asked impatiently.

Eliza looked nervous.

"Oh, hehehe...I guess you heard...."

"Is she okay!" He heard Anna shout in the background, distressed.

"Anna, calm down," Vasch covered the phone as he hissed back at her.

"What's going on?"

"Erm...how much do you know?"

"I don't like that answer, Eliza; tell me now," he demanded sternly.

"Oh...well, you see, we were calling to ask to meet with you and maybe host a meeting. We were going to do it virtually, but circumstances have changed," she admitted.

"She's missing is still too vague. Is this something worth holding a meeting over? Tell me." He became colder.

"Umm—" Eliza became nervous, not knowing how to best respond.

Francis took the phone from her urgently.

"Vasch. This is absolutely a vampiric manner. Whoever took ___ was a vampire. They have a hypnotic ability or something similar that knocked us out. We were completely unaware they were even in the vicinity."

There was a pause, and Francis clenched his fists, waiting.

"That is serious. I'll let the others know to meet immediately. Be here within the hour." He said calmly and hung up the phone before anyone could reply.

Not even a minute later, all our phones rang with an alert.

Vampires have a special media and social network, inaccessible to humans. In the same way, humans can send out amber alerts to specific areas; vampire clan leaders can send out emergency alerts to their association.

I opened the message; it read — Emergency meeting. Suspected vampire conspiring to kidnap the intended of Croix Clan, ___. Meet at — the rest gave the time and information everyone was expected to show up.

It hurt to read it. It felt like everyone knew we'd failed, but now we'd have hundreds of vampires helping us find her.

There's a reason we're known as the Terra Association. You can find one of us in every corner of the globe, no matter how remote. There's even a clan in Antarctica, whose lived there since it was still connected to other lands by ice, who feed solely on animal blood and the occasional misguided scientist.

We had eyes everywhere now. At least, hopefully, this is what would happen.

Given our unnatural speed, everyone would be at Vasch's home within an hour, no matter how far.

It wasn't a mandatory meeting, but it was likely at least a few from each clan would appear to either help—given the fact an alert was sent out—or to satisfy their curiosity.

"I suppose we should make our way over there then...." Eliza spoke up.

Francis nodded, and Ludwig looked upset.