Chapter Six | BerlinXBreakfast

Start from the beginning

Ludwig walked over to him and tucked Francis's loose strand of hair behind his ear.

Francis looked at him, touched, but Ludwig replied, "don't get your hair in the food."

Francis deliberately pouted, and Ludwig chuckled to himself as he went to check on the pancakes.

"I suppose I have known him as long as you," Ludwig said to himself, "but I've never seen his lacking emotion altogether."

"He's definitely not lacking in emotion," Francis quickly clarified, "he's just doing his best to hold back because if he doesn't..."

"He'll want to release it...I assume," Ludwig finished, and Francis nodded.

"Again, I'm so sorry about Garibald."

"He had it coming."

Garibald shouted angrily from his spot at the table, "no, I did not!"

Ludwig rolled his eyes and chose not to respond as the others at the table chuckled at him, and Antonio seemed almost validated, maybe even a little amused.

"Honestly...your intended and Gilbert's future mate disappears in a such a manner due to her past decisions, and Garibald says that it's 'hot' she was an assassin...." Ludwig clucked. "And while her clanmates were right there, one of them clearly unstable...what did he expect?"

Francis gave a slight smile and passed the mixed bowl to Ludwig.

"Gilbert's future mate..." Francis repeated out loud, and Ludwig looked at him, expecting this to go somewhere, and it did.

"She...will be mine too."

"Oh?" Ludwig asked, promoting Francis to continue.

"Oui. And Toni's. She loves the three of us."

"That seems like a wild change for three months. Asexual sologomy to heterosexual polygamy...what brought that on?" He seemed curious, but his tone seemed accusatory.

"First of all, I'm almost certain she's in the closet about something," Francis began, and Ludwig seemed to agree.

"Second...I've no idea. Probably the way our auras intermingle so easily...she easily trusted us despite our pasts and stuck around when things seemed dangerous. I'm not sure how fate works, but I feel it's largely at play."

Ludwig didn't respond and poured the batter onto the frying pan as Francis rambled on.

"I mean, at first, she just shows up at our door dressed like a Princess—"

"She what?"

"She was at the renaissance fair and showed up dressed like a Princess at our doorstep."

Ludwig barely held in a laugh at the idea.

"I don't know her well, but that seems in character..." he commented.

"Oui—" Francis proceeded to relay the pivotal moments in her stay with us, including a few I hadn't been made aware of while I was gone.

"I do not understand how any of this lead to her liking you three?" Ludwig frowned, a little annoyed at Francis' monologuing.

"Hmm...I'm not so sure either? Hey Gilbert." Francis called to me.

"What?"

"Why the hell does __ like you?"

The fuck kind of question is that? Why wouldn't she like me?

"Because I'm awesome, and I'm hot!" I shouted back, and I could hear Ludwig grumble and dismiss me entirely.