Chapter One | TrioXBerlin

Start from the beginning

Not even twenty-four hours later, she was a little dazed, but she was completely fine. She should have died on the spot or at least been writhing in pain, but this wasn't the case.

Then again, after being marked, an excruciating experience with pain meant to last days, she recovered in minutes. This was so unusual everyone took note of it.

The fifth really should have told us something was wrong, and that was when we noticed the venom in her veins. We were always careful when drinking to only leave enough venom to seal her wounds shut, but she had enough venom it was as if we'd been drinking her blood every minute of every hour for her entire life. There was no other way venom could have been introduced to her system unless she was meant to be turned, and unless she was beyond saving, venom meant to transition you did not ever fail.

___ had her flaws, sure. We all do. But she didn't deserve to be a pawn in a vampire's scheme, no matter what that end goal may be.

Now that everything was out in the open, we should be able to work on our flaws together, but instead, we're separated by who knows how many miles. We have no idea where she could be, and we aren't even sure if visiting my brother in Berlin should be our first stop. We decided on this as my brother can analyze the serum __ was taking. While this makes sense scientifically, I'm not sure that this will help us emotionally in any way other than seeing my little brother makes me happy.

I clenched my hair in my fists, trying hard not to fall apart at all this new information and a sense of dread and guilt washed over me. No matter what, I had to keep it together. Francis was stressed enough as it is; he doesn't need me falling apart and needing his help too.

Antonio is another story. He hasn't spoken, and he won't really move, Francis has been holding his hand and gently stroking his leg from time to time, but Antonio doesn't respond.

I know he's angry about what happened to __, but I wonder if he feels a little betrayed too.

We didn't tell __ we were vampires until there was no other choice; it didn't bother me much that she chose to do the same, though in her case, she couldn't even tell us in person.

"Take a left." The GPS told Francis, who was distressed by its presence, he really hates technology.

"Oi, which one of you programmed this thing with a British accent!?" He demanded, and I snickered, but Antonio remained silent.

"How do I even use this thing," he complained, clearly not in the mood to deal with anything at the moment.

He snatched the GPS off the phone holder and threw it at me.

"Gilbert, do something, s'il te plaît!" He begged, his voice breaking, and I fiddled around with it, surprised it hadn't been broken.

"Hm...oh!" I chuckled.

"You fix it?"

"I can make it do my voice!"

"Non! I want a gentle woman's voice guiding me, not you!"

"What if I do an impression?"

"Non, you can't sound feminine if your life depended on it! You know what, just give it back to me!" He reached behind him and took it back. I didn't fight him on it; I didn't feel like it.

Francis set the GPS in Antonio's lap.

Antonio moved for the first time since getting into the car and looked at the GPS with dreary eyes. He rolled down the window as the GPS began to speak, "make a left at—" and he threw it out the car.