Chapter 30: Intriguing

Start from the beginning

The meeting room was in stunned silence then Izuku broke out into laugher. "Well, it seems Nezu finally figured out what land we had under our control but sadly for him it's far too late as we lack control of about only 15% of Japan's underworld. I think it's about time we start taking more public land as well though I am interested in their proposal they may give." Izuku said as all of the Verdant Guards nodded their heads as well since they were interested as well. It would be a large blow to Japan if UA was to surrender to the Verdant group. It would also do well to spread out and thin the defense line of the government in the north as well since it would be a far bigger defense line that they would need to defend on and they might be forced to take forces from the south defense lines of the pink and grey marked lands which had a bit more forces concentrated due to the smaller areas they need to defend which is mainly ports. Also, the waters are patrolled heavily by the navy which the Verdant group is still taking control of right now and only has a portion replaced with clones.

"Let's look for a chance to prompt contact between us and them though I don't want to tip them off on our abilities to spy on them so it will be tough," Izuku said and they all nodded their heads but the bug user suggested an idea. "Sir, you have LeMillon in lock-up right now," she said and they all looked at her confused since they knew that. Izuku asked her to explain which she did. "From the reports we have the government thinks that he was killed in action which would have been reported to UA. As such, you could use that as a chance to tell All Might that his protege is still alive." said the bug user and they all widened their eyes since that was correct. It wasn't really him being the protege but One For All as well since only the Verdant Guards, the bug user, and the memory projector quirk user knows about the quirk inside of the organization outside of Izuku since he wanted to keep it a tight secret since he didn't want the public getting hope of a new All Might. 

"Good idea!" Izuku said as he started to think of a plan to reach out to the school without blowing their main base location or anything really important to them. There was also the risk of them being tracked down as well via the heroes if they were brought to any location. The Verdant Guards and Izuku sat in the meeting room for a while before taking a break which they would regroup later in the day since this would be a plan they would need to think out since there were a lot of risks of the government getting some clues as well since Izuku was sure the government was watching UA after the last team-up they did with Verdant for the raid on Overhaul's group.

Everyone met up again later that night and some ideas were thrown around in regards to what they should do. Overall, they would send a clone of Toga to deliver the news that Mirio is indeed still alive which should promote UA to ask for a way to contact the Verdant group. It would seem weird if the Verdant group were to be the ones to provide the number first so they needed to wait for UA to ask for it. Once a method of contact was established then they would use the base that was hidden near UA as a meeting place. 

It was decided to abandon the base as well as they would remove every single thing from the base except basic things for the meeting and future meetings to take place there. They would also remove the gate that was connected to the base as well and only use manual portals via the teleporter gate user to access it from other bases as it would be a risk to leave the gate technology in the base. The base could be abandon due to the fact that as the group expanded the layout they used for the base became really outdated since they needed larger bases so they expanded the design to fit far more people and other things as well. The base was really only used for the sleeping quarters of troops as well which could easily be transferred to a different base that had been set up in the prefecture. 

Overall, they now had an initial plan created and it was time for it to kick off as Izuku had Toga send her clone the next day. The phone number they would provide connects with an encrypted phone that they had created thanks to all of the Meta Liberation Army technology that they gained which helped expanded their communications systems. The phone call would feed through one of their satellites and block anyone from tracing it back but even if they did they wouldn't find an actual base since the phone conversation was going to take place inside of the abandoned base with another phone near it so they could listen to it and respond. Clones would be stationed inside of the base as well just to keep appearances up as well during the phone conversations and even during meetings.