"You used me too?" I asked in a damaged tone. I felt my chest ache because everything before me was a lie and that shit was beyond painful. "Really May? Me of all people?"

"I'm so sorry," She whispered in sorrow, "I didn't know you and him would get that close or that you and me would get that close. I had no idea that everyone in this house would have a bond with you the way that they did..."

"MAY SHUT UP," I snapped, brushing her off, before running up on her and throwing my first against her face.

I continued to smack and hit on her, but it was obvious she didn't want to swing back. She knew she deserved everything she was getting.

Dad yanked my waist, pulling me back from her as I kicked and squirmed in his arms, trying to grab her face again. "NESSA STOP!" He had finally let go of me once I gave up my fighting stance.

"You know what, just FORGET it!" I made my way inside of the house and grabbed every single item that belong to me, stuffing it inside of a trash bag.

I was tired of everyone. Every person I've met in this house was a liar or used me to their advantage. I snatched up the sheets on Jovan's bed and the notebook, I had given him before, fell out onto the floor.

I picked it up and noticed how half the pages were already filled with Jovan's words. I felt my heart drop when reading in between the next few lines.

March 21st, 2021
She told me to write only positive things in this so that's what i'm doing. I never felt more motivated by someone then I am right now. I think for the first time in a long time I actually feel love.
At this point I don't care how fucked up my life becomes as long as I get to feel this way every morning when I wake up.

"Are you still mad at me?" May asked, catching my attention off the booklet.

I dropped the journal into my bag and pushed past her, making sure that our shoulders connected. "I will NEVER forgive you."

When I got outside Tino ran into my arms and hugged me tightly. "Don't leave me," He begged with sincerity. His voice was actually trembling deeply and I could feel his body shake in my hold.

"Tino, i'm not going to leave you." I wrapped my arms around him, retuning the tight hug, "What makes you think i'm going to leave you?"

"My mom is gone and Jovany took me in and now he's gone and your dad is taking you back home now that this case is over with. I'm gonna be out on the streets."

"No you're not, young man," Dad interrupted our conversation, "Officer Jinkings over there called CPS. You're going to be in good hands." He pointed over at the white officer who threw a smile.

"CPS!?" Tino shouted, "They gonna put me in foster care. I don't have no aunties and no uncles or family who can take me in."

"Then just hope you'll get adopted," Officer Jinkings implied, allowing himself into the conversation.

"Dad.. no." I pulled Tino closer to me, "He's like a little brother to me, he can't go there."

"Well honey, there's nothing I can do about that. His name is already in the system and they're going to be coming here later today. We can always go and visit him once he's fully established and even adopt him if you want."