Uu

Jovan

When I made it up the steps, India opened the door up for me to slide through. "Damn, momma wasn't playin'

She had slit marks on her throat, and even on her chest. I knew my mother was violent, but not this violent.

"Jovan you lucky she's your mother. I really would've ended her life with the way she had that knife pointed at me."

I shook my head slowly, seeing the sharp utensils sitting on top of a counter. Knowing India, she really would've beat mommas ass. "Where's Dove and nem'?"

"He's waiting in the office for you," She informed me, referring to the golden doors that were wide open.

I patted my hand on her back and made my way into his office with my gun close beside me. For a moment I heard banging against the door, but ignored it.

"So you work with Powell now?" I asked, leaning against the wall to see my mother come in and sit on his lap.

That shit disgusted me.

Dove cuffed his hands together, taking a glimpse at my appearance. "Rumor has it that you tryna take us both down, that you was doing it for Ram."

I shook my head and stood up straighter. "Ram is dead aight? Fuck him and the niggas he worked with. I ain't even working against you. Matter fact, my visit here don't have shit to do with you but a lot to do with her." I pointed my finger at momma, who instantly stiffened up at my look.

I prepared myself to speak until another bang smacked against the door. We all turned our heads into that direction, but simply ignored it.

"What do you want from me Jovan?"

"FUCKING DIE, HOE!" a loud voice screamed from behind, running into the room and shooting off a gun.

When I noticed it was Athena I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back, but she continued to shoot in the direction that momma and Dove sat in.

India and Sierra rushed into the room to see what was going on while Athena struggled to get out of my arms.

"FUCK YOU!" She shouted, still scrambling from my wrap around her.

"ATHENA?" Momma gasped dramatically before taking a step foward to see if she was right, "Oh my sweet, sweet baby." When she got closer to us Athena kicked her in the face.

"YOU MADE ME DO IT," She screamed with tears overflowing her eyes and she continued to scramble and shift in my hands.

"Lock the doors," I heard Dove mumble from the side, and his men went along and started locking everything.

Something about his words weren't sitting right with me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked seeing how intent she was towards mommas approach. "Why the fuck we need to lock the doors for?"

"Nothings going on. I'm locking the doors so your hooligan of a sister doesn't do anything stupid," Dove answered for her. His voice seemed to catch Athenas attention because the moment she saw his face, she tried forcing herself out my arms harder.

"BITCH, YOURE THE HOOLIGAN. YOU HEARTLESS FUCK? WHY'D YOU MAKE ME DO IT? HUH?" She reached back for the gun to shoot Dove, but I wouldn't let her until I knew what was going on.