Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Seventy-One

Annabelle's Point of View

"That was amazing," I gasped, breathless. Zack fell to my side and laid there on his back. He was as breathless as I was. "Yeah, it was." Then he leaned over and kissed my forehead. I entwined my fingers with his and we locked eyes. "I love you," I whispered. "I love you too," he whispered back.

With his other hand, he started to trace along my skin, starting at my knee, then up to my thigh, then did the same to my other leg. After he did that a few times, he rested his hand between my legs and I moaned. "Again?" he asked, a grin on his face. I nodded eagerly. He chuckled, then grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him.

After we had sex for the second time, Zack laid on top of me, his head resting on my breasts. I gently ran my fingers through his hair, and he sighed, content. "Do you wanna sleep?" he asked as he picked up his head and looked me in the eyes, his eyelids heavy and a lazy grin on his face. I nodded; I was so exhausted from our, ahem, 'busy' morning.

Zack moved around a little, then closed his eyes and laid still. I did the same, and not even thirty seconds later, my phone beeped, signaling a text message. Zack groaned and hugged me tighter to himself. "Just ignore it." I started to make circles on his back with my hand. "I wasn't planning on getting it." Then it beeped again. And again. And again. Zack lifted his head and looked at me. "Maybe something's wrong," I said.

Right when I said that, my phone started to ring. "Somebody better be dead," Zack groaned as he reached out and snatched my phone off of my nightstand and answered it. "Hello?" I stared at him as he leaned over me, his elbows on either side of me, his chin held just a few inches above my breasts. "You have got to be fucking kidding me," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked. Zack looked at me, grinned, then made a silly face that made me smile and laugh. "So, what, you dropped him off at Melody's?" I gathered that he was talking about Jack. "Yeah, I'm at Annabelle's, why?" A second later, I heard my front door open and Alex shout, "Hey guys, I'm here! Where are you?!" he hollered from downstairs. Zack looked at my phone. "That fucker hung up on me!"

"Why is he here?!" I exclaimed. We were lying on my bed, naked, with Zack on top of me and Alex was just downstairs! I heard his feet coming up the stairs. "Zack! Get him outta here!" Zack climbed off of me and turned so his back was to me and I was blocked from the door. I snatched up my sheet and quickly wrapped myself in it. Zack was still naked.

Alex bounded through the door, all smiles. "Hey guys, what's--whoa, Zack, put your dick away!" He covered his face and turned to the side. "Get out!" Zack commanded him. "Where's Annabelle?" Alex asked. "Just get out!" Zack shouted. "I'm right here, Alex." Alex turned and peeked around Zack to look at me. "Oh, hey Belles," he said with a wave. "Alex!" Zack roared. "Alright, alright, I'm going, geez." Then Alex bounded back out the door and Zack and I started to get dressed.

Jack's Point of View

Turns out, Melody wasn't home. Or just not answering the door. Or my texts and calls. After waiting around on her front porch for about twenty minutes, I decided to just walk home. The long walk in the heat would hopefully clear my head and make me remember what happened last night. I took the long way, which brought me to Redwood Drive, which is this street that has all of these little shops and boutiques and used bookstores on it.

I had to take a piss, so I ducked into this little shop called Matilda's and headed for the bathroom. Once I was done with my business, I figured I might as well buy something. I ordered a small chai latte from the cute girl behind the counter whose nametag said Holly. When I tried to pay her, she refused. "No, this one's on the house. You look like you had a shitty night."

I thanked her and told her I did. "Well, the shops slow on business today, so I got time. Wanna tell me about it?" So I did; I told her the sordid tale of the previous evening, or what I could remember of it. When I was done, she stayed silent. I took the moment to look her over. She had waist-length platinum blonde hair, giant blue eyes, and pale skin. She had a nose piercing, and she was wearing a tight white t-shirt with a pair of ripped up skinny jeans. She also had huge boobs, not that I was noticing, or anything.

"Well, Jack, I think your friend Alex is right; you need to chill on the partying." I nodded as I drank my latte. "I know I do." She was silent for a moment, then said, "Wait a second...you're not in that band, All Time Low, are you?" I grinned. "I totally am." We started to talk about music then. She was in a band called Forty Shades of Blue (Completely unrelated to Fifty Shades of Grey. Ick.). We bonded over a lot of things, and I found her to be a really cool girl.

The shop started to get busy, so I told her we'd talk later after I exchanged numbers with her. Before I left, I told her I'd name a song after her, which made her laugh. "Why would you do that?" she asked. "Cause you're smokin' hott." I said with a smirk. She laughed, shook her head, and told me to get outta there, so I did.