"Oh, no need for that formality, what's your name cadet?", she encouraged.

"Oh, um, Y/N L/N", you answered hesitantly. You don't really know why you were so nervous. It was kind of stressful suddenly being around so many veterans without a warning.

"Delighted to meet you Y/N. You are probably very tired. Why don't you get back to the rest of the trainees, and we'll take it from here! Good work today!", she said, her hand placed on your shoulder.

You smiled at her, giving an appreciative nod.

"Thank you, Section-Commander Hange! Good luck to the rest of you!", you said and made your way back to base on the other side of Wall Rose.

~

You felt like laying down on the ground and just sleep for days as you walked through the little town located on the opposite side of Trost. Your feet didn't lift from the ground as you slumply walked towards the medic-tent. The only thing keeping you moving was the thought of seeing Marco again. Was he feeling better? What really happened to him out there? He was pretty scared to let you leave his side...

"Y/N, you're back!", Sasha sighed relieved and ran to meet you. She flung her arms around you and you let yourself fall into her embrace, not managing to hold yourself upright anymore. The sudden weight from you going limp made Sasha crouch down with you towards the ground slowly.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you fainting?", she asked stressed. You just shook your head. You were just extremely tired. "Hey guys, Y/N's back! Get her some water!", Sasha ordered.

"Hey, I'll carry her to the tent. There is a chair besides Marco's bed she can sit in", you heard Jean's voice say and you opened your eyes to look at him. He smiled at you as he crouched down. Wrapping his arms around you, he leaned his mouth close to your ear.

"Thank you. You know, for saving Marco", he whispered, before lifting you up. You just nodded with a sincere look in your eyes. You knew he would have been just as crushed as you had Marco died today. They have a unique bond.

Jean placed you down on the chair and you looked over at Marco who was now sleeping.

"Good, he's asleep", you said quietly. He looked so peaceful, a complete difference from his frantic state earlier. Tears welled up in your eyes as you thought about his fate, had you not been fast enough.

'I hope he can stay this peaceful when he wakes up, I don't want him to worry like he did'

You stopped yourself from fully crying when Connie approached you.

"Here you go Y/N", Connie said and handed you a cup of water, and he placed his hand on your shoulder as you gulped it down.

"God damn, water has never tasted this good!", you exclaimed in delight, making sure not to make too much noise. The others snickered.

"We got kind of worried when you took so long getting back... The hole was sealed two hour ago, where have you been?", Sasha asked.

"Oh, I got held up by some of the scouts. Captain Levi actually...", you admitted, and they looked at you shocked.

"Levi needed you to help him?", Connie exclaimed.

"No, it's not like he needed help from anyone, he just needed someone to watch his back I guess. There were a lot of titans in that area", you answered flustered. "I totally embarrassed myself in front of him by the way", you added and cringed at the memory.

"No way, what did you say?!", Jean said smugly, three set of eyes radiating curiosity.

"Well, he said that it looked like I still had some fight left in me... Me, feeling like shit and knowing I looked like shit as well, told him that I know for a fact I look like I have been sent through a titans entire digestive system five times...", you said all in one breath.