Undying | (Hurt) Levi x (Injured) Reader

Start from the beginning

"Please take care of her." Levi cried to her as the soldiers from earlier came back and dragged him away, back to his cell.

Hange gave him a nod before taking you away.

Days had passed and you remained unconscious the whole time. After some convincing from Erwin and witnesses at the whipping, Levi was freed and not charged for anything. Levi was somewhat relived but didn't focus on that, instead first thing Levi did was visit you.

Your body laid on the bed that Hange had set you on after she cleaned your wounds, only a cold damp cloth laying over the entirety of your back to help sooth cuts and tears underneath.

Levi gave you a light kiss on your forehead before glancing down at the cloth. He couldn't help himself, pulling back the cloth and seeing the damage you had taken for him.

Tears pricked his eyes, he would never forgive himself. Angry, deep welts rested on top of even deeper cuts that lined your back side to side in multiple directions. They had barely had time to scab over so a little blood was left of your back, some dried and some not. It made the scene even more painful. Levi's face contorted as he every-so-gently brushed his finger over a spot with blood, the blood transferring to his finger before he lifted it up to look at it.

He was feeling too much, too many thoughts going at one time. You were now hurt because of him and there was nothing he could to change that. The scars that would show eventually would forever be a reminder of what happened.

Days passed and you still hadn't woken up. Levi began to grow anxious. Hange assured him that it was normal and that you were fine but Levi couldn't help but stress. His mind was constantly plagued by thoughts of regret, guilt, sadness, and more.

Through the next couple days you were in and out of sleep, barely doing anything before passing out again. Levi was there every time, refusing to leave your side and soothing you when you woke up with sweet words and gentle pats. Sometimes you'd brush his hair back through your fingers or hold his hand, something simple before you were out again.

Finally three days after Levi returned, you awoke for longer than normal. Hange had changed the cloth to bandages, your back finally starting to show progress in healing itself. Levi was there, watching your eyes flutter open before they scrunched at the pain.

"How are you feeling?" Levi asked, his voice trying to hide the sorrow that hid within it.

"I'm okay." You lied.

In reality, everything was hurting- not just your back. Levi physically looked better but you could see the emotion behind his eyes. He definitely wasn't okay, at least not emotionally.

"I know what your thinking." You said, "Please don't blame yourself for this."

"How can I not blame myself?" he questioned, his voice pleading for an answer.

"It was my choice. I chose to take the punishment, you didn't force it on me."

"Yeah but I still should've stopped you, somehow I should've saved you."

"But I did it to save you. And i'd take it again and again if it meant that you were okay."

"Why? Don't you know it hurts me to see you in pain? I love you so much Y/n, watching that happen because me, I couldn't stand it. I admire your bravery but please promise me never to do that again. I'd rather die then have that happen."

"I can't promise anything."

"Why? Why can't you just keep yourself safe?"

"Because I love you Levi and I-"