Chapter Forty-Seven

Kouta wrote him a thank you letter.

And after reading it, Izuku felt even more certain that his decision was right.

After getting discharged and Mushu convincing the doctor that he didn't need to call his parents, Izuku put some casual clothes on and walked out of that room. Mushu stood on top of his head and they met up with Yaoyorozu on the way.

"Yaoyorozu, Izuku..." Kirishima greeted them once they finally made it out of the doors of the hospital. "Wh... What's it gonna be?"

Before anything else could be said, an authoritative voice interrupted them, which caused Mushu to exhale a quiet 'oh boy' from Izuku's head before poofing onto Kirishima's shoulder, "Hold on a moment!"

Tenya's eyes were hidden by his bangs and Izuku had an idea what was about to go down, "Out of all people... why, Izuku?" he asked rhetorically, and Izuku remained silent, "You... who always taught me to think things through. To not be reckless... This is not like you!" his best friend marched to him and grabbed the front of his shirt, bringing him up to his face and giving him an intense glare, "You of all people should trust what UA is doing to keep us safe, and here you are encouraging my classmates' ideas on this mutinous act! Who do you think will be held responsible for this, huh?!"

Izuku's expression of grit was unmoving, but he felt guilty for doing such a thing to his best friend. He grabbed Tenya's wrist gently and said, "Tenya, you've got me and the rest of us wrong... we aren't-" his sentence was cut short by a punch to the face.

He saw it coming, but he took it because Tenya needed to get those feelings out as well. He wiped the corner of his mouth and ignored the gasps of the other three before looking at Tenya once again, who now had tears streaming down his face.

"Don't be so selfish!" he wailed, "I'm frustrated and concerned as well! You may be their friend and teacher, but I'm their Class President! Of course I'm worried about my classmates, it's not just Bakugou!" Izuku kept his eyes trained on Tenya, heart clenching in his chest, "Don't you have any care for how I feel?! Seeing my best friend lying on that hospital bed with such serious injuries, looking similar to my brother!"

Tenya...

"If you continue on with this brash act, and something happens to you where you are rendered immobile for a long time, like nii-san... What's going to happen then, huh?! Are you telling me that my worries about you and everyone else doesn't mean a single thing!?" Tenya grabbed Izuku's shoulders roughly, crying to his face, "Do my feelings not mean anything to you, Zu?!"

Izuku gritted his teeth in anger and brushed Tenya's hands off him, "Of course they do! I've just been blind to mine and everyone else's! And I'm sorry but this is how I'm going to work with my feelings, Tenya!" he argued back, not caring if four pairs of eyes stared back at them, "Don't accuse me of not having consideration for your feelings because I do! You are one of the most important people in my life... You know me! I've been wrong plenty of times and I'm admitting that what I did was wrong!

"I can't fight against these conflicting emotions any longer! I need to make this right!"

"And you think rushing in to meddle with a damn pro mission is the right fucking thing to do?!"

"It's what I feel and know is the right fucking thing to do! You're acting as if we're foolish enough to fight them or attack them head on!"

"Isn't that what you are planning to do?!"

"NO!"

That silenced Tenya and caused him to take a step back, as if trying to process what Izuku just said. Izuku took a deep breath in before exhaling, trying to steady his breathing and calm his heart rate.