He pulled back and pushed my chest away from his lightly. He was breathing out of his nose but it seemed like he was trying to calm himself down. I tried to lean back in, but he threw me a look that made me stop.

"Careful now," he warned. "Don't fall for me sweetheart."

"In your dreams," I scoffed. "Was that at least good? I mean did I- was I good?"

"Yeah, that was good. Almost got me excited," he concluded. "Kiss him like that and he'll be sure to fall in love with you."

I smiled sheepishly and bit the corner of my lip.

"That enough experience for you?" he asked.

My body went warm and I didn't reply. Instead I nodded and covered my stomach with my hands. Khalil lifted my chin with his finger and brushed my braids away from my face.

"If you need more just let me know."

He stood up off the bed and slid me carefully off his lap. He stretched out his arms while his shirt rid up; exposing his perfectly toned chest.

"Stick to the plan sweetheart," he reminded. "Get him to fall in love with you, then leave."

Oh right, the plan.

"Are you sure it's a good plan?" I asked. "I mean I know you want me to get revenge but is heartbreak really the way to go?"

He eyed me suspiciously before he paced back and forth around my room. It seemed as if he was collecting his thoughts before speaking to me.

"Heartbreak can kill a person more than physical pain will," he began. "It's because the pain is internal; you'll feel it throughout your whole body. Everyday they'll wake up wondering what they did wrong. They'll start picking apart their flaws and blaming it on themselves. They tear themselves apart so brutally that you won't even have to. By the time their done, they won't even recognize who've they become."

I nodded as he continued, "Which is why I think it's the perfect route for you to go. You wouldn't hurt a fly Lucille. Besides, physical pain can always be healed. It's the mental shit that can lasts for years and even a lifetime."

"Wow. You know a lot." I said. "Have you ever had your heart broken before?"

He laughed and lifted my chin up to meet his eyes. "Sweetheart, I do the heartbreaking. Just ask Celia."

My mouth fell open and I struggled to get out of my bed when I saw him leave my room. Speed walking out the door, I caught him in the kitchen sipping a large glass of water leisurely.

I crossed my arms while tapping my foot up and down. He threw me a weird look and set his glass down when he had finished.

"Can I help you?"

"What do you mean, 'ask Celia'?" I asked. "Did you two used to date?"

He smirk devilishly and went around the counter and into the living room. He plopped down on the couch and patted the spot next to him.

Groaning, I mirrored his movements and sat down next to him. He turned on the TV and began to abstractedly flip through channels.

"Celia and I never dated," he said.

I shifted in my seat and watched as he kept channel surfing. His eyes never once left the TV.

"Then why did you-"

"Before she came here, we were kind of close."

"Close in what way?" I pried.

"Like," he sighed. "Our families knew each other since birth so we kind of grew up together. We would hang out everyday for years."