Chapter Three

I always get myself into the worse situations. I held my breath, I was quite enough that I could hear my own heavy thumping heartbeat.

I tiptoed round sleeping men who snored loud enough that I had started to think their own lungs was crying for help.

I wonder how I managed myself to reach downstairs to the sleeping room, where every single crew member laid to rest.

Well, I had went through the door, first and foremost, started to check any room near. A bathroom, a toilet room (why are they separated?), an office, and finally, the sleeping quarters.

A hotspot for danger that I wanted to immediately dismiss from my search until we're out free. That was until I saw the door that mocked me from the other side of the room. I saw, and thought depressingly nothing could be better put there than treasures.

So here I am, walking my way through this minefield with no actual plan. What could I do anyways if that is where the goods are? Am I supposed to—

I quickly snapped back into reality when I felt the floor become softer. I look down and realized I had stepped on a lost blanket.

God damnit.

I removed my foot with as much precision I could muster, anxiety almost skyrocketing, landing it in its old spot. I kept myself from losing the tension I felt as I continued to make my way back towards my target.

Of course, lady luck never worked on the same side for long.

I felt someones legs after I decided to trip on them. It was quick, along with the flying of the blanket behind me. Falling down and unable to reverse the damage, I sucked in as I internally scream.

GOD FUCKING—

I quickly pulled my arms in a 'U' position as I made contact with the floor, trying to reduce the amount of sound made.

A loud thump echoed through the room as I finally landed, staying absolute stiff as I listen for any movement. It stayed eerily quiet for long while, if you exclude the sleepers who stayed loudly snoring, unbothered.

I didn't want to waste time on the floor here, but I couldn't help but stay still. I was scared that when I get up, someone would also with me. So just to be safe, I kept looking forward in a plank position.

A minute, maybe two, and nothing. I started to feel a sweat break out as my arms started to weaken, and I realized I've beaten my previous plank held record by a long run. My abs started to burn as I finally decided enough waiting was done.

I start to make my way up, extending a foot forward to help support my body as I wobbled upward. In no time— actually, in some time, I was on my own two legs. I twist my wrist in aching pain as I carried my body forward again, possibly from catching myself in a harsh position and staying like that for so long.

I'll worry about it later.

I tell myself around snoring dangers. I waited a second to catch my heartbeat, before finally making my first step. Watch for uneven wood, watch for blankets, watch for pirates...

I think, finally taking a closer look at the door. It was definitely to the treasure room.

A lock?

I kneeled forward as I inspect all sides of it. Unlike the the one on the jail cell, this requires a key, I  definitely won't be able to get it open with the nail in my back pocket. I wanted to tear the whole door off, very much not wanting to make the journey back and fourth, but I really was determined to get that treasure, like it or not.

I made my way back, already knowing the path I needed to take. And after another long and careful trip, this time with no mishaps, and I was able to release my stress through the open air that lightly blew on my skin.