Chapter FOUR : TRAUMA

Warning: Chapter Under Heavy Editing!

<~ ~>

Chapter Four

Brenda's pov -

l was in the car on my way to school. Looking outside the window l saw small drops of water falling from the sky. I let out a loud sigh. It's raining outside while l am inside my car.
I wanted to go outside and play in the rain. But it was always what l wanted to do and it never happend. I love rain but my parents always forbid me to play in the rain. They thought l was gonna get sick. But while worrying for my health they forgot about my little wish.
I saw a couple dancing in the rain. I smiled at them, they look so cute.
I don't know why but today l just feel really down. When l woke up in the morning l didn't had any appetite. I got in the car without kissing my moms cheek. Today dad was in the table but l just ignored him.

Last night l had a really bad nightmare. The same nightmare that l had when l was a little kid.

I witnessed the death of my best friend in front my eyes.

it was a long time ago but that memory keeps haunting me. I try my best to forget it But it's still in my brain.

I was lost deep in my thoughts when my driver knocked on the window. He said we were here.

I unbuckled my seat belt and went outside. I got out of the car and my driver hold the umbrella above my head. He soon left.

I was walking in the hallway when l heard some rustling sound. I looked in the direction from where the sound was coming. I walked there and saw a croud of people
surrounding the hallway.

I was curious what was going on so l pushed through the people in the crowd and saw some of the boys from our class. When l looked closely l recognized a really familiar face. It was Xinlong. I saw him beating seven guys like trash.

But he wasn't hurt at all. What is happening here? The
I saw some boys laying on the ground and l could say they were beaten up badly. Someone was holding on to Xinlong trying to stop him.

I never saw this side of Xinlong before. He looked really scary. I got scared as l never witnessed this kind of a scene second time in my life. I wanted to runaway which l did.

I pushed through the croud again and got out of it. I needed air. So l went to a place l knew would be the best in this situation. The TERRACE.

I made a run and went straight to the rooftop.

I was breathing the air trying to calm down. I tried my best not to cry but the small whimper that left my mouth called the tears to come out of my eyes. It was horrifying when l recalled the memories l always tried to forgot. The scenes played in my brain.

I was always really scared to any kind of violence. As l experienced the death of my best friend when l was just mere 7 years old. I saw that unknown person killing him mercilessly right in front of me.

I knew l should stay calm but my tears kept falling. My whimpers were loud enough to hear but l really couldn't hold it. I took my inhaler and used it to calm myself down when l felt a hand on my shoulder.

Choi San Pov -

I was walking to my office to get some files l left. I never smiled but these days l have been smiling a lot. The only reason is Brenda hensler. She stays in my mind all day. The teachers are shocked to see me smiling. I always had a cold personality. I only smiled when l would see something pleasing to me. But in my perspective nothing seems interesting or pleasing more than Brenda these days.

I got the files l needed and was heading back when l saw a crowd of people surrounding a place. When l looked closely it was the same drama that always happend in our school. But it was Xinlong who was fighting. Well l never saw him in a fight as he comes from a well known family, but why is he fighting now? What's wrong with him.

But just right then an idea sparkled in my brain. It was a perfect excuse to make Brenda stay away from Xinlong. I smirked. It's my best advantage.

As l looked at the crowd l saw Her. She was breathing heavely. Did that bastard say something to her? I would dislocate his jaw if he even dares to speak rudely to her. But it was also an oppurtunity to show her my soft side by comforting her. So l walked to her.

As l was walking slowly to her she made a ran somewhere. Where is she going? I followed her steps and saw her going to the rooftop. I followed her so l can make sure she doesn't do anything to herself.

She went to the rooftop and started crying her eyes out. As if she saw something terrifying. I stood their for a while watching her.

I walked close to her slowly. I held her shoulder. She got kinda startled by my sudden touch. When she turned around l saw her eyes filled with tears. Her brown eyes captured my soul again. Elegant.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned. "Oh Mr.choi! U-umm y- yeah l am okay." Her voice broke a little. And my insane brain found it cute. "l saw what happend in the hallway. Did Xinlong say something to you?" I said."N-No but why are you asking though?" She asked. "you were crying in the hallway and Xinlong was there too so l thought-"
"No, he didn't say anything to me."then why is she crying? "Oh why are you crying then? Is everything okay?" My voice filled with worry.

"l just got a little cramp and that's why l came in the rooftop." I know she is lying. I took her hand in mine and said,

"Hey look Brenda, l don't think you should hang out with Xinlong so much. He is a bad company for you. He picks fight with the other kids for no reason."

He tried his best to make sure that Brenda think of Xinlong in a bad way. But his tries were failing continuesly when she was denying the truth that Xinlong was beating those guys up for no reason. He was talking and talking until Brenda said,

"Okay l will keep your advice in my mind." She said while looking at him. "But l have to leave now. Can l?" He should let her go before she thinks he is actually a creep but his heart got him weak again. He just doesn't want to let her go. But he knew a little patience is what is needed to make her his. So he said,

"Ok come early tomorrow" he said. Brenda left knowing she will be late for her first class of the day.

Then he let our a deep breath and said,

"Love is a way to destroy someone who is already destroyed"