25. UNDER WRAPS

Začít od začátku

He suddenly looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here, as his ears turned red, "Jade. Her name is Jade."

I smiled at how usually untamed Sam was being all bashful, just from talking about this girl, she must be special. "So, how did you meet? Come on, tell me everything!"

He chuckled at my enthusiasm, "Jade is an instructor, she joined my studio a few weeks ago... and last week she asked me out."

My eyebrows raised when he said that, "So, she took you out on a date huh? That's a first..."

He looked down at his shoes, "I guess...It's just she's unlike anyone I've ever met, I don't know how to explain it."

Holy cheesecakes! This sounds serious. I wanted to squeal, but instead, I settled with a wide grin that basically split my face into two. His blue eyes had a spark when he talked about her, I've never seen him like this before.

"What?" He laughed awkwardly as he looked at me.

"Nothing," I said. I really hope this works out for him.

********************************************************

The rehearsal was a turbulent course, as mom supervised the processional and recessional, while Josh acted like the 'officiant' for the day. He didn't shy away from adding levity to the whole event despite my mom's glares.

Kyle looked happy to make out with Jenny while Jensen happened to disappear when he got an important phone call right as he was supposed to walk Jenny down the aisle.

It was a disaster.

But ultimately, it ended. And I could finally breathe.

Everyone talked and mingled, this gathering was a perfect excuse for the families and friends to spend some time together before the wedding.

I had a wine glass in my hand, while my eyes searched for him. My restless gaze sorted him out soon enough, he was sitting with his sister at their table, Josh was with them, and it seemed like they were in their own little zone, it was obvious these three were old friends.

I didn't think it was okay to intrude.

"Alex!" Someone yelled.

I looked up to see Josh frantically waving me over. Not just me, the whole crowd was now looking at him, but he seemed least bothered about that fact. I made my way towards their table.

Jensens' eyes were alight with a charming smile as he looked at me and uttered an almost inaudibly "Hey."

I smiled back at him, as I took a seat. It was unexpectedly pleasant when Jensen's hand reached for mine under the table.

"Ahem..." Someone cleared their throat, and I looked up at Jenny, who was smiling cryptically at us "Hello! Earth to lovebirds!"

My eyes widened and I froze at her words.

"He spilled." Jensen said pointing at Josh who looked a little drunk.

I sighed, "I don't understand why I'm even trying anymore." I mumbled. It was only a matter of time until mom found out.

"As if you weren't being obvious enough." Josh countered. "Jenny suspected it, I only confirmed."

"Which you shouldn't have." Jensen glared, but it was ineffective.

"Dude, you should have stopped giving her the googly eyes. It's embarrassing." Josh said to Jensen.

"I've stopped caring about embarrassment ever since I was seen with you in public." Jensen glared at his friend.