"I'm trying." He said and he was about to cry right now.

"You look like you need coffee and you." I pointed at Rochelle "Look like you need some niceness beat into you." I told her and her face fell and she looked at Scott and broke down into tears, she held her arms out for him and he walked over to her and hugged her, kissed her forehead.

"I'm so sorry." She cried into his shirt and Riley was just silently laughing. At least Monica didn't throw things when she went through this.

"Come on." I grabbed Scotts hand and brought him to the coffee stand in the hospital. Hospital food has come a long way in the last ten or so years.

"Thanks." He said when I handed him a cup.

"If you think you're scared, she's ten times worse. Don't take it personally just let it roll right off you and get back in there and be there for her. Riley had no idea what he was doing the first time but our dad was there to tell him what I'm telling you. He'll get her to calm down, she's just."

"Scared." He finished for me and I nodded, he looked exhausted.

"I have never been so out of my element before. I'm always In control and know what to do but Rochelle." He stopped there and he smiled "She's not what I anticipated when I thought of my wife. She's not typical and she's not safe." He told me and we sat at the table.

"She's insane." I said and he laughed

"Yeah she is but I love her so much, my friends took me to the club and I planned on bailing as soon as I could but then she sat beside me and it's not like I hadn't had sex before but I didn't do one night stands until that night and in the morning I didn't want her to leave. I practically forced her to stay for breakfast and to my luck she stayed for lunch and dinner too." I knew this but it seemed like he needed to get this out.

"I kept thinking that it had to be a joke for someone like her to want to be around someone like me, I'm not fun or exciting and she loved me anyway. She liked my stupid jokes and the way I treated her with the respect no one ever showed her. I still can't believe that in only a few hours I'm going to be a father, that she's going to be the mother, that she's going to be my wife." It was sweet.

Rochelle had told me all these things and she was quite smitten with him after that first breakfast and I've never seen someone catch her interest so fast and I was constantly surprised at how he held it, how she didn't care about going out and sleeping around or flirting with multiple guys anymore.

He was right, he wasn't a terribly exciting person but Rochelle was exciting enough for the both of them and brought him out of his shell where he tamed her down just enough.

"Well then get back in there and let's get this baby here." I told him and he took one last drink of his coffee and we went back into the room where she was a lot calmer. Riley had that effect on people. He was lying beside her on the bed and her head was resting on his shoulder.

She got a contraction and he coached her on breathing through it.

Scott went over to her and she grabbed his hand and riley slid out of bed and he slid into the other side.

"I love you." he told her

"I love you too, I'm so sorry." She leaned into him and I grabbed a cloth to wipe her forehead before I ran my fingers through her hair for hours to keep her in the calm state Riley had gotten her into.

Riley talked Scott through what to do and kept him calm and it was closing in on seven in the morning when I called Monica and Chase to come in and then hurried back into the room because it was time for my beautiful and strong best friend to push and bring this little one into the world.