Playboy & The Garden

Start from the beginning

"You mean the one I can't go to?" She asks with a sarcastic chuckle from behind the door.

"I'll tell you everything that happens, don't worry." I respond as I look in the mirror. Stella's father had strictly forbade her from attending any corporate meetings that had to do with the merging of both companies. I still didn't understand why he was trying so hard to keep his daughter in the dark about everything to do with the company. He was fine with her being arm candy for me at events and such, but other than that he wanted her out of sight. It made me hate the guy, but I had to pretend to like him in the meantime.

Stella always had so many great ideas and plans for the company. There was a reason why she worked in her current position as operations manager and I thought she deserved to be placed higher.

I take a shower to freshen up and wrap a towel around my waist after getting out. I sigh when I realize I forgot to bring my clothes out.

When I leave the bathroom, Stella sat there on the bed in some comfortable-looking shorts and a loose shirt. I smile lightly at her, she's so damn cute.

She frowns at me in return, "Must you always come out half-naked?" She asks irritatedly.

I chuckle as I approach the bed, "I just came to get my suitcase." I grab the suitcase on the ground before dragging it with me to the bathroom.

It was tempting to let out a flirty comment back there but I kept it to myself. I was quickly learning it was much easier to avoid Stella when we were in New York. At least there I could just stay in my room and go to work. But here we were going to be in the same room, constantly.

I pull out a suit and iron it before putting it on. I brush my hair and trim my beard before tying my tie around my neck, or try to. I exit the bathroom as I still attempt to fix the tie.

Stella notices and chuckles, "Let me help you." She gets off from the bed as she walks up to me, her proximity now extremely close as she begins to readjust my tie. I avoid eye contact as her heavenly scent consumes my nostrils.

"Are we okay?" She asks suddenly.

I look down at her in confusion, "Of course we are. Why do you ask?"

She steps away from me as she finishes, "You've been weird lately, that's all."

"Just trying to avoid any situations."

She nods in understanding, "Fair enough. Have fun at the briefing."

I chuckle lightly at her as she looks up at me, "I'll try." She walks over back to the bed where she cuddles under the covers in the air-conditioned room.

I grab my briefcase before leaving the suite and heading down to the hotel lobby.

I was not looking forward to this briefing.

-

The briefing was boring, as expected. We discussed plans on how to reach out to a new group of clientele and went over who would be in attendance at the party. As well as what this product launching meant for the future of these two companies as one. There was no backing out of the company merging at this point.

"Julius." A voice says from behind me as I pack up my belongings. I look up to see Stella's father approaching me. "Mr. Harris." I greet.

He shakes his head, "You know you can just call me Robert."

"Robert." I correct myself.

"Do you have a moment to talk?"

I look down at the time, 4 pm. "Stella's waiting for me at the hotel."