Skype

Emma POV

It had been about a week since I've come and stayed with the boys. They've been great to me, my mind barely remembering the words my mom said to me. I think louis told them all what was going on, they all treat me like I could break at any minute, like I'm fragile. Except Zayn, he feels like a big brother I never had. Helping me when I have my nightmares, trying to get me to not take the medicine more than I should. Yeah, I told him about some of the things that have happened a few nights ago. We had all went out, and well the truth comes out when you're drunk. Thankfully I didn't let everything slip, though.

I stood up and grabbed a blanket off the table and sat back on the couch, cuddling myself into it, and resting my head against Zayn. We weren't really hungry so we stayed at the hotel watching The Hangover, while the others went out to Nandos. Where do the writers come up with this stuff, this movie is seriously the craziest thing ever, I laugh at the screen.

I look down at my phone as it buzzes on the table, Mom. The caller ID reading, I pick it up to hit ignore but before I could it was taken out of my hand.

"Em, I know she hurt you but you've been ignoring her all week. That's not fair to her, and it's not doing much to help your relationship." Zayn pleadingly looked at me. "Answer it please? For me."

I grabbed the phone from his hand, my finger hovering over the answer button. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, "hello?"

"Emma is that you? Where are you?" My mothers voice sounded concerned, I swear she's bipolar.

"The one and only" I gave a light laugh, earning a thumbs up from Zayn. "And I told you, I'm with some friends. I needed to get away. From you."

"From me? I'm your mother! I expected you gone maybe a few days, but not an entire week." I rolled my eyes at her comments. "You need to come back, now."

"Excuse me, but no I don't. In case you don't remember I'm 18. Legally an adult." My voice rose as I grew more upset with her. "I'm staying here as long as I want. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't."

"I'm sorry if I hurt you. Please come back, I promise it won't happen again." She spoke barely audible.

"We'll see." I quickly ended the call, looking down in my lap. It's the same every time. An apology, and her promising it won't happen again. But it always does.

"Happy now?" I ask Zayn sarcastically, looking up at him.

"Come here Em." He engulfs me in a hug. We sat there for a while, "I'm proud of you." He whispered into my ear. Like I said Zayn is the big brother I never had, he takes care of me.

My phone beeped and I looked down at it, my heart sped up a little when I read who it was from. As I read the message though I grew more confused.

Em, we need to talk. Can you Skype right now? Loubear xx

Louis never talked liked that, and he hasn't sent me my picture of the day yet, something's up.

Yeah, give me five minutes. Em x

I quickly replied. "Um Zayn, I gotta go call Louis." Zayn face grew confused as I walked toward my room. "I'll be back."

Louis POV

I couldn't wait any longer. I had to talk to her about what I found, I couldn't bare to think about the things I'd found. I had to make sure they weren't true. I quickly texted her and asked if she could Skype. Within minutes I got a reply:

Yeah, give me five minutes. Em x

I grabbed the journal, and the pill bottles, and sat in front of my MacBook. I stared at the screen waiting for a bubble to pop up saying I had a call request. It felt like days had passed when the bubble finally popped up on my screen. I clicked accept, and my screen was filled with Em, her blonde hair falling in their natural curls and her bright blue eyes capturing mine.