Not Exactly Back To School ☾ 7-16

"Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map." Ron mumbled aloud.

"That's because it never existed until now." Neville explained. "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and dementors." I looked over to Harry, as if to say 'I told you so.'

"How bad is it with Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asked quietly.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you need to watch out for." Neville continued.

"Carrows?" Harry repeated in question.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows." Neville explained.

"They did that to you?" I asked, frowning.

"Why?" Hermione added.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus curse. On first years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed." Neville went on. I frowned, remembering my own experiences with that curse on the floor of Umbridge's office. The unimaginable pain- I couldn't comprehend the torment those poor first years had to go through.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville smiled. We followed him to the end of the tunnel, and he pushed the painting open. "Hey! Listen up, you lot. I have a bit of a surprise."

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we can digest it." Seamus' voice echoed through the tunnel and the six of us grinned. Neville moved out of the way, and Harry stepped through first. All of the students stood and began applauding. I suppose he was a bit of a hero. The students all enveloped us in a big group hug. I made sure to give Luna, Cho, and Pavarti separate hugs. I missed my old roommates.

"What's the plan, Harry?" Neville asked, folding his arms as everyone stepped back. They were all looking to him expectantly.

"Okay," Harry began awkwardly. "There's something we need to find. Something hidden, here, in the castle. It may help us defeat You-know-who."

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked. Harry opened his mouth, but nothing came out. I figured he was unsure of how to explain this.

"We don't actually know what it is." I finished for him. He closed his mouth and nodded. "Or where it is."

"I realize that's not much to go on." Harry stated. Dean shook his head and folded his arms.

"That's nothing to go on." Seamus stated. His face was battered and bruised, no doubt from refusing to participate in the Dark Arts lesson as well. I wiped my hands over my face and sat down to think. Luna sat down next to me absentmindedly.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw." Harry stated. "Um, it'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone any ideas?" The room was silent. Everyone staring at the floor. To be honest, Harry's description could practically describe thousands of objects within the castle.

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna said quietly. My eyes widened and I stood up.

"Luna, that's magnificent! Genius!" I cried, grasping her shoulders. Harry turned toward us.

"What?"

"The lost Diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous." She continued.

"Yes, Luna, but it's lost. For centuries, now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it." Cho said sadly.

"S'cuse me, but can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron interrupted.

"It's a sort of crown. You know, like a tiara." Cho explained. Ron nodded. Our conversation was interrupted as Ginny came in the room. She ran toward Harry, and I took the opportunity to sit in a more private corner. Luna followed me.