~Chapter 27: Hanging~

Start from the beginning

"Ughh!" He groaned in discomfort as he allowed his body to relax, flopping back upside down like the rest of them.

"I guess we should call this home then" Frypan tried to make light out of the situation with his jokey ways. Unfortunately for him, no one was in the right mindset to have a laugh and all just mumbled or sounded a reply.

Distant footsteps, made them all look off into the corridor. Emerging from the shadows was a recognisable figure, only to be revealed as the man himself - Jorge. The dark skinned man held a cane tightly in his hands, the handle encrusted with gems and spikes. It stood out like a sore thumb within the run down place, it's gold trim shining in the dim light that entered through the tinted windows above.

"Enjoying the view?" The man taunted, smacking the cane against his large hand.

"What the hell do you want?" Robyn grumbled, her blood boiling inside of her body. She hated the fact that once again they were being mistreated. It felt as if it was never going to end and their whole lives would consist of constantly fighting back against people who wanted to exploit or use them, rather than seeing them as the young, almost normal teenagers they were. Robyn couldn't see the future being any different, life was never going to change. One girl and her group of friends couldn't change the opinions of the whole population. In a matter of fact, she didn't blame them. Hurt, pain and trauma changes everyone, it makes them feel even more vulnerable, so of course they would use people to gain something else. It was stupid not to. Money is money regardless and the world was too hurt to give a damn about anyone but themselves.When you're struggling, you don't see anything other than your own problems, no one else's come into view.It was all about survival now, almost like a free for all. A group of teenagers against everyone else. That was their life story.

Jorge let out a small sigh, "That is the question" The cane he was holding smacked gently into his palm, his fingers wrapping loosely around the handle, "My men want to sell u back to WICKED.....life has taught them to think small"

Robyn rolled her eyes as her body began to slowly twist around, and therefore lose sight of Jorge, but as long as she could hear him, that was all that mattered. Despite the inconvenience, she listened closely.

"I'm not like that" The older man continued, the cane still smacking into his palm, "Something tells me that you're not either"

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho sassed, his usual sarcastic tone filling his words.

Robyn couldn't contain her laughter and a short noise of amusement escaped her lips.  This caused a few sniggers amongst the group, mostly from Jess, who was still recovering from the expression she saw on her sister as she spun her way around just a few minutes before. This whole thing just radiated chaos.

Jorge wasn't too pleased with the 'immature' teenagers and glared at them with beady eyes, more specifically at the experienced runner of the group - Minho. In the end, the man chose to ignore his comment and continued with his interrogation.

"Tell me what you know about the right arm" He directed his cane to Thomas, then to the unaware Robyn, who was still facing the other way, but slowly making her way back around.

"I thought you said they were ghosts" Newt chirped in from the side, his face pulled into a frown. Robyn caught his eye and forced a nod his way, her face bright red and strained from the pressure of the rope above. All he could do was send her a faint smile before returning his attention to Jorge.

He spun to the right to look at the blonde boy, "I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when i hear them chatting on the airways" The dark skinned man wandered around the front of the group, looking into the eyes of each one until he reached a small fence in the corner. Robyn was unaware of what Jorge was up to as the man held tight grip onto a lever, connected to a wheel of rope.