Season One, Episode Four: The Sea, Part Two

Running. Diving. The feeling of the water closing over her head. Her lungs burning as she drowned. The feeling of being pulled from the water. Being dragged by a large figure. Her clothes slipping off...

Six's eyes flew open. She sat upright, looking around manically. She didn't see Mono, nor did she see land. Thoughts filled her head. Mono left. He's not my friend. He's not real. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps sounding from the small bottom deck of the small sailboat. Mono emerged, wearing what could only be described as a pirate's outfit. Used tricorn hat, red bandana, signature brown mask, long brown coat, all above his original brown shirt and pants. He did sport some brown boots, matching his outfit perfectly. Six stared. Mono stopped, realizing that she was awake. "Nightmare?" he asked, once again picking up on her body language. Six nods, shivering. "Nice outfit," she said, gesturing to his outfit. Mono looks down, chuckling lightly. "I found these old things down on the bottom deck. If we're really gonna go through with this, we're really gonna need a disguise. And a better ship. Here, I found this," Mono said, tossing Six a brightly colored cloak. "Yellow?" she stumbled out, staring at the cloak. "Yeah, it was the only thing we had. Good news though. That island in the distance is Nassau, a haven for people of our...stature," Mono said, choosing his words carefully. Six nodded, pulling the cloak on. An hour later, the boat bounced off the edge of the dock. Mono quickly hopped out, tieing the boat off and helping Six down. Mono turned, walking towards the shacks that were spread into what appeared to be a small town. Six's hand slid into Mono's, a small blush on her face that she prayed he couldn't see. 

Mono P.O.V. (Nassau)

Mono felt a hand intertwine with his. Glancing down, he found Six's hand sitting in his. The hood of her cloak hid her face, so Mono had no idea what she was thinking. He had a suspicion that it had to do with the nightmare she had the night before. He had woken up to see her shivering, but he couldn't find anything to put over her before she had woken up. That was why he was down on the lower deck of the small sailboat. But now, as he walked with Six through Nassau, headed to a tavern, he couldn't help but notice the heat on his face. Mono nearly walked face-first into a pole had it not been for Six. Mono glanced over at her, and she simply nodded before turning and heading back out towards the tavern he had pointed out, dragging him along with her. As happy as he was to finally be on dry land, Mono missed the freedom of the sea. He missed the possibility. But to get that possibility, he'd need a ship and a crew, and a safe place for Six. Mono sighed. He didn't know anything about her, but he felt like he could trust her. He didn't know why. 

A/N: So I'm not sure where to really take this story. I'm happy so many people have read this, and seem to be enjoying it, but I'm not really sure what to do with this story. I wrote it originally as just a way to jot down an idea I had during school, but with over 70 people reading it, and a few votes, I don't know what I'm doing anymore. That may seem really small to some of you, but it's huge for me. So if any of you have any ideas, or would like to adopt this book, message me or comment. Thanks, and sorry for this coming so out of the blue.